DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

48 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I think if he isn't totally humiliated standing up then it's a victory. 

I don't follow MMA at all so I don't know what the general consensus about his chances are, but I've gotten the impression it's one of those "Michael Jordan plays baseball" things where he's mainly doing this as something to scratch off his bucket list more than actually expecting to be successful.  Unless he ends up going down in seconds I think he'll be ok.

Fuck it, I'd like to see Punk in BOLA next year.

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I don't follow MMA at all so I don't know what the general consensus about his chances are, but I've gotten the impression it's one of those "Michael Jordan plays baseball"  "Tim Tebow plays water polo”  things

Slight edit if you're okay with that.

Hell, I wish Washington still allowed online betting on UFC.  I'll take a bit on Punk at +300 just for the what-the-hell factor.

But seriously, with the health and physical issues he's had, how did he not think to get a nutritionist to help him, and at least try a practice weight cut?  That's day one, bro.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BoKnowsWrestling said:

Punk will be at mania in a few years against hhh are you all crazy?

If you had personally cost me millions of dollars just because of your ego, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Gotta a feeling Punk feels a bit like that about Hunter and he's not wrong in his case.

As unlikely as it seems that Punk would ever come back right now, I think ruling it out completely is going against history with the Bret and Warrior examples brought up. Let's say Punk somehow wins a few UFC fights and gains some level of mainstream fame. WWE comes back to him and wants him to do a WrestleMania shot where he gets to go over HHH.

I'm pretty sure Punk would do something like that for the right price.

18 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

hahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I get a kick out of you having so much joy in this.

What a waste Del Rio was in WWE.  Granted, they fucked him over with the MexAmerica BS, but he didn't have the charisma to overcome that.  Just a waste of time for everybody.  What sucks is that because he got with Paige, if they cut her then I'll be especially annoyed at the guy.  Yes, I know it was her choice too and she didn't do too much recently.  But I still liked her quite a bit so it will be sad to see her go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I get a kick out of you having so much joy in this.

What a waste Del Rio was in WWE.  Granted, they fucked him over with the MexAmerica BS, but he didn't have the charisma to overcome that.  Just a waste of time for everybody.  What sucks is that because he got with Paige, if they cut her then I'll be especially annoyed at the guy.  Yes, I know it was her choice too and she didn't do too much recently.  But I still liked her quite a bit so it will be sad to see her go.

Likewise on the bold and if Paige departs WWE.

• Like 1

Finn just has that mass appeal that they've been looking for.  He's got the demonic art vibe, the looks women love, the Lego-loving nerdiness that kids will enjoy, and the indy/Japan cred that hardcores will at least appreciate.  And yes I'm aware he can be divisive with his ring work.  When he comes back there's so many avenues they can go with him if they choose to outside of the ring.  Hope they realize what they have here.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Finn just has that mass appeal that they've been looking for.  He's got the demonic art vibe, the looks women love, the Lego-loving nerdiness that kids will enjoy, and the indy/Japan cred that hardcores will at least appreciate.  And yes I'm aware he can be divisive with his ring work.  When he comes back there's so many avenues they can go with him if they choose to outside of the ring.  Hope they realize what they have here.

I know you looked forward to seeing Finn Balor live. Was it going to be your first time? I've seen Finn twice, it was going to be three in November until the SummerSlam 2016 injury.

Yeah, it was going to be the first time seeing him Monday if not for the injury.  That part we're bummed about (especially my wife for...reasons)  But with Bayley there it's all good with us.  Though with my luck they'll be dicks and not have her on the show just to infuriate me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Yeah, it was going to be the first time seeing him Monday if not for the injury.  That part we're bummed about (especially my wife for...reasons)  But with Bayley there it's all good with us.  Though with my luck they'll be dicks and not have her on the show just to infuriate me.

Damn. Sucks when you look forward to seeing a favourite wrestler and it doesn't come to pass. At my first wrestling show ever, WWE in April 2015 I got to see one of my five favourite wrestlers ever in Daniel Bryan. Two days later he and John Cena teamed up on Smackdown against Cesaro/Tyson Kidd. This was his last match of the tour leaving it early with injury and it turned out to be his final match ever. Very fortunate to have seen Bryan live.

I'm also hoping to see Bayley in November as we're getting the RAW brand. Sasha Banks as well. Wanted to see Sasha in November 2015 and April 2016 but she was working a different show to the one I was at with my Dad.