DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I feel like we need piranesi to put together a CM Punk excommunication generator. You could tell me just about any reason he chose to kick someone out of his life and I would believe it.

________ ate the crust on his sandwich,

_______ likes the color blue.

_______ has long sideburns.

• Like 2

Yeah, I mean, that's the main reason I put any credence in it. Whether it's true or not, I totally believe Colt would go to a RAW in the middle of a lawsuit, and I totally believe Punk would go scorched earth on him for it.

And for once I think he might be justified. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve said:

The guy may be full of crap, so I hate to seem like I'm defending him.

But the tweet said he attended *A* RAW, not any specific date.

He's been in Edinburgh all August.  And I follow his Twitter that had zero pictures or references to any Raw show.  The only time there was anything was when somebody tweeted him a picture of his head as a sign on Raw.  It's possible he put it elsewhere like Instagram or something, but if he did it would have been found quite easily by now.  Until proven wrong I'm still calling bullshit.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dear Vince Russo,

Please kill yourself, bro.

Sincerely,

Every wrestling fan ever

I don't wish harm on Vince Russo.  I'm not a fan of his booking style, but he's never done anything to me personally to warrant such hatred.

That said, it he does die, I kinda want it to be a result of falling onto a pole.

I'm sorry.  It's just barely possible I'm a bad person.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I don't wish harm on Vince Russo.  I'm not a fan of his booking style, but he's never done anything to me personally to warrant such hatred.

That said, it he does die, I kinda want it to be a result of falling onto a pole.

I'm sorry.  It's just barely possible I'm a bad person.

"I don't want my eulogy scripted bro. That's the problem with today's funerals."

• Like 12

Vince Russo is a guy who is still trying to make a living in a business that has passed him by. In order to do so, he says outlandish things that gets people riled up and repeating his name. Do not get mad at Vince Russo, pity him as a guy that can't let go.

As much as him and Jim Cornette hate each other, they are very much alike. 

• Like 4

Someone explain to me why Russo gives a shit about wrestling. He says it ruined his life. It's gotten a guy so mad at him he's going to kill him. He's bares some responsibility for helping hurt two wrestling companies. Fans didn't buy his book and his podcast can't be paying equal to writing another tv. Plus a bunch of 40 somethings hate his guts because of what he's done in wrestling. Why would you keep hanging around something that clearly doesn't care for you to be around?

7 minutes ago, ivpvideos said:

Vince Russo is a guy who is still trying to make a living in a business that has passed him by. In order to do so, he says outlandish things that gets people riled up and repeating his name. Do not get mad at Vince Russo, pity him as a guy that can't let go.

Please, please tweet both of those jokers with that.  It's very true, but I'd love to see what they do in response.

I don't wish harm to them, but do wish they'd go on a deserted island and bicker among themselves.  One of two things would happen:

1. Either they learn to begrudgingly like each other and find a way to get off that island or 

2. They kill each other withing a day or two.

You'd hope for option 1, but know it'd likely be option 2.

4 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Someone explain to me why Russo gives a shit about wrestling. He says it ruined his life. It's gotten a guy so mad at him he's going to kill him. He's bares some responsibility for helping hurt two wrestling companies. Fans didn't buy his book and his podcast can't be paying equal to writing another tv. Plus a bunch of 40 somethings hate his guts because of what he's done in wrestling. Why would you keep hanging around something that clearly doesn't care for you to be around?

Beats getting a real job.

25 minutes ago, DTTW said:

36 minutes ago, ivpvideos said:

As far as people who are making a living manufacturing outrage on social media, Russo wouldn't even top a list of the 500 most egregious. Having shitty opinions about wrestling is pretty harmless. I have them all the time. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hogan didn't fly to Japan. When he needed to get there, he grab the land and drag it towards him. Then, he would restore it to it's correct position before his match. He did the same to get back to the US. 

Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows how Hogan got to Japan and back.

Hulk-Hogan-Swim-Flex-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

The point of most impact, in my experience, invariably ends up being the base of the elbow, right along the tricep.  Even if it does get distributed a bit along the back of the upper arm along the tricep, there's still a pretty big "shock" to the elbow itself. 

I mean, unless you drop a light elbow, and what fun is that?

Austin also was fond of the "forearm drop" version of the elbowdrop, especially from the second rope, which has its own similar problems and would probably be an even bigger shock to the elbow joint. 

Image result

I learned that wrestling is horrible in new and exciting ways and for new and exciting parts of your body!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

I feel like we need piranesi to put together a CM Punk excommunication generator. You could tell me just about any reason he chose to kick someone out of his life and I would believe it.

________ ate the crust on his sandwich,

_______ likes the color blue.

_______ has long sideburns.

Ooh! I wanna try:

AJ Lee walked in front of the TV during a Blackhawks game, CM Punk unfollowed her on Twitter as a result.

• Like 2

Up until he mentioned the election I was expecting this to go a little differently:

"Hi, my name is Kurt Angle, I'm an Olympic gold medalist, and my parole officer told me I have to collect signatures of everyone in the neighborhood of my halfway house before I can operate a motor vehicle.  There are three or four pages of information about the various things I've done and I really need you to sign all of them.  Also are you interested in buying a gold medal?"

• Like 4