DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Vince Russo has a molten hot take on KO winning the Universal title:

...Kevin Owens is the WWE Universal Champion, and you’re going to look me in the eye, if you call yourself a wrestling fan and understand anything about wrestling, you are going to look me in the eye and tell me that the wrestling business is not at a rock bottom, and you’re going to sit there and tell me that the wrestling business doesn’t suck?

2 minutes ago, steve said:

Maybe, but at the very least, the part about him not following Punk on Twitter anymore is true.

I have good friends that I don't follow on Twitter. So do many others.

They're also involved in a lawsuit and they haven't been following each other for a long while now.

Again, Front Row Brian is almost always full of shit. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well Mr. Russo, I think if the wrestling business were at rock bottom, something might happen like a company loses 100 mil in two years. In fact, I could post GIF's, quotes, match and event results as well as  post links to books for sale that outline what rock bottom actually looks like. But I bet Mr. Russo may have a vague recollection of what that looks like, perhaps from personal experience.

And I really feel like such a douche when I am obviously getting trolled by one of the all timers.

Does anyone know if Bernie Madoff has a financial blog?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I have good friends that I don't follow on Twitter. So do many others.

They're also involved in a lawsuit and they haven't been following each other for a long while now.

Again, Front Row Brian is almost always full of shit. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to him.

I don't know who Front Row Brian is, but maybe Colt and Punk have been advised by their lawyers to not interact in ways that leave a paper trail (virtual or otherwise) in the chances they might say stuff that could be brought up in the legal proceedings?  People being told to not publicly mention things that have to do with ongoing legal matters is pretty par for the course.  I'm sure Colt still has multiple friends on the WWE roster.  Him going to hang out with them doesn't mean anything, though I agree it probably isn't the wisest move if he's involved in ongoing litigation.

11 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I don't know who Front Row Brian is, but maybe Colt and Punk have been advised by their lawyers to not interact in ways that leave a paper trail (virtual or otherwise) in the chances they might say stuff that could be brought up in the legal proceedings?  People being told to not publicly mention things that have to do with ongoing legal matters is pretty par for the course.  I'm sure Colt still has multiple friends on the WWE roster.  Him going to hang out with them doesn't mean anything, though I agree it probably isn't the wisest move if he's involved in ongoing litigation.

Right, that's why I said they're involved in a lawsuit. They're obviously being advised to keep tight lipped. I've listened to 3 interviews with Punk over the last couple days and each time he says at least once that can't talk about something.

Not to mention, do you really think Colt is going to be allowed backstage at a WWE event? I mean, maybe he was, but considering the lawsuit and Colt constantly being on the road somewhere WWE isn't, I don't see it happening. His biggest opportunities would be when Vince is front and center, WM and Summerslam.

What isn't adding up about this is that Raw was in Houston.  Colt's last day of Scotland was on the 28th (day before Raw)  And his next appearance was on 9/1 in Illinois (checked Colt's site).  I find it hard to believe he'd fly from Scotland to Chicago, then go to Houston backstage.  i've seen FRB's name pop up on Twitter before and don't recall seeing anything too asinine.  But if this is true I'd love to see how this all came to be.

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Dan Severn does have a point. In fact, it's pretty striking how they have similarly been portrayed:

Both had a mouthpiece, both had a prize fighter aura, both got in the ring, did the business and got out. Just a shame that Severn came through in the wrong era and couldn't commit fully to the WWF schedule.

I remember thinking Severn was the most vicious guy out there when he came into WWF, he had this respectable look but once he got in the ring he turned into an animal. He's probably the last legitimate badass-shooter NWA champion too

Say, who is the NWA Champion anyways...I kinda lost track after the TNA/NWA break-up.  

So since 2012 (The last time it was vacated), it has been held by

Kahagas
Rob Conway (Rob Conway is still around?!)
Satoshi Kojima
Rob Conway 
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Jax Dane (Who has held it for over a year now)

I've never seen Jax Dane before, but seeing that his finisher is a spear and his theme music is either Godsmack or Big Smo kinda tells me all I need to know, really.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't feed the trolls.

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

He probably took the same airline Hogan did when he'd fly to Japan. 

Hogan didn't fly to Japan. When he needed to get there, he grabbed the land and dragged it towards him. Then, he would restore it to it's correct position before his match. He did the same to get back to the US. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hogan didn't fly to Japan. When he needed to get there, he grab the land and drag it towards him. Then, he would restore it to it's correct position before his match. He did the same to get back to the US. 

With all the hulkamaniacs on his back?

Needs to be a Vince Russo filter on this board because his opinion on wrestling is more worthless then anyone on the planet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zartan said:

With all the hulkamaniacs on his back?

Needs to be a Vince Russo filter on this board because his opinion on wrestling is more worthless then anyone on the planet. 

If we're going to put a filter for the guy I suggest his name should filter out to "The blowhard cocksplat of the North"

Bless those wonderful Scots and their wacky curse words.

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

What isn't adding up about this is that Raw was in Houston.  Colt's last day of Scotland was on the 28th (day before Raw)  And his next appearance was on 9/1 in Illinois (checked Colt's site).  I find it hard to believe he'd fly from Scotland to Chicago, then go to Houston backstage.  i've seen FRB's name pop up on Twitter before and don't recall seeing anything too asinine.  But if this is true I'd love to see how this all came to be.

MMA fans know what kind of bullshit artist FRB is. 

23 hours ago, piranesi said:

What's scary about that is that of all the parts and joints I imagine are being destroyed in every wrestler, the elbow is not even high on the list. I mean, when you do an elbow drop you are landing on your upper arm not your actual elbow.  I would imagine that causes more damage to the shoulder than the elbow.

The point of most impact, in my experience, invariably ends up being the base of the elbow, right along the tricep.  Even if it does get distributed a bit along the back of the upper arm along the tricep, there's still a pretty big "shock" to the elbow itself. 

I mean, unless you drop a light elbow, and what fun is that?

Austin also was fond of the "forearm drop" version of the elbowdrop, especially from the second rope, which has its own similar problems and would probably be an even bigger shock to the elbow joint. 

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

MMA fans know what kind of bullshit artist FRB is. 

Oddly enough the times I've seen FRB's tweets they were MMA-related alright and somebody like Meltzer was commenting on it.  I'd hate to see what all his tweets say though.

Colt is very good friends with Owens, so it isn't unreasonable to think he'd want to visit him at Raw. What is unreasonable is to think a)Colt would know Owens is winning the belt and b) he'd fly all the way from Edinburgh to do so, when he is notoriously frugal