DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR SURVIVAL FOOTBALL 2016

RIPPA

Two weeks in a row I try not to go to the "top pick" and waste the really good teams early into the year, and I end up having my picks take huge deficits only to win in the end.

I may need to be more conservative in week 3.

Ever since I found out about Cleveland's QB selection I have been both determined to pick them this week and at the same time scared to death. Rookie QB with their backup QB having just six days to learn whatever he can of their playbook. I just know that Cleveland is going to pull it out because thats what football does. I'm surprised so many people are picking Green Bay I don't look at that game as the sure thing that others apparently do. Not after Green Bay struggled against Jacksonsville and got beaten by the Vikings. I know its the Lions but they are at the very least as good as the Vikings. 

4 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Miami winning saved the bloodbath only 3 went out this week.

Yeah - I also said that thinking more people had picked the Cards, then I went and looked and was shocked how many (rightly) went with Dallas

I'm saving my New England pick for Cleveland/New England but I really want to pick Washington. I think Cleveland pulls it out against Washington so I think I'm leaning towards Arizona/LA with Arizona winning at home even if so far they have looked awful and Fisher plays his division really well and always beats Arizona and Seattle atleast once so it seems like a big risk. 

18 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It would be fun if everyone chipped in $10 or something for these things but I know from personal experience how hard it is to get people to put up money. Still though, it would be a nice $300 payout for someone.

Way back in the day, I used to run a pool, 10 bucks an entry, or 25 bucks for 3 entries. Was really fun. Other than me still being bitter about losing the pool during Brett Favre's one season with the New York Jets when I had to break down and violate my "never pick your favorite team rule" in week 11 and the fucked me over.

I just looked and amazingly no one picked NE this week. I guess we were all waiting for the Browns game

In fact everyone has survived through the 1 pm game. Arizona could dick some folks over