DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XII

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Valcourt said:

Who could have thought having Brock shoot elbow Randy a few times would have ANY sort of consequences?

I think it's safe to say Orton has a job for life after that.

If the lawyer behind those lawsuits against WWE wasn't the living breathing embodiment of Lionel Hutz he would be able to introduce the Orton thing as damning evidence of the company's malfeasance.

22 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I think it's safe to say Orton has a job for life after that.

Outside of him doing anything insane Orton always seemed to me to be pretty protected.

But yes, this i'm sure got him a ton of protection from the office and even if the boys in the back didn't like it, they probably respect him for letting Brock cleanly pound on him, even if Brock did let up after a few shots.

I wouldn't be very surprised if Orton also got a bit of a pay out for it as well.

7 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Rikishi warmin' up that car...

Now I want to see Rikishi used as a recurring surprise character, occasionally "injuring" wrestlers in garages and parking lots by hitting them with a car. Except it's not meant to be deliberate; he's just a bumbling, accident-prone driver. Give him a derby hat to wear; make him pop out of the car all flustered and homina-homina-ing.

• Like 1

When a show like this is so short on actual matches, I don't understand why they put anything on the preshow besides hype packages and stuff with the panel. I guess so people will watch on YouTube and the like, but it's kind of stupid.

Has Apollo always been using the Angle Slam or was tonight the first time?