DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XII

Dolfan in NYC

The tag tournament is booked very oddly in that Breeze and Fandango got booted too early, the Usos and American Alpha are meeting too soon in the semis and the whole Slater angle is blowing up the tournament in order to further a comedy angle and pushing your actual teams to the back of the fan's minds.  You could have done the Slater angle without having the tag titles as the prize so you don't saddle your new championship with oddball first champions, moved Usos vs. AA to the finals and it would have been a neater piece of business.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not if those 2/3 falls are against the likes of Ambrose and Ziggler

Styles just carried Apollo Crews to a very good match. I bet he is up to the task of carrying Ambrose or Ziggler to good 2-of-3 falls matches, especially if they get creative on the finishes, establish secondary moves as ones that can get pinfalls and submissions, etc.

Matt has been watching the Portland set that I need to get my hands on ASAP, methinks.

• Like 1

There's a special place in my heart for 79-80 Portland, and I do watch a ton of CMLL, but it's actually the NWAOnDemand stuff from Houston that's pushing me that way. I saw Bockwinkel vs Santana go 35+ minutes the other day, and we're all waiting with anticipation for the first Race vs McDaniel singles match that anyone's seen in almost 40 years since there aren't any others on tape. That should be coming soon.

To fill out the card I'd do Corbin vs Crewes on the Pre Show and on the main show 8 man tag of the Acension and Vaudvillians vs Uso's and Hype Bros, have Curt Hawkins make his return in a competitive squash against either Fandango or Tyler Breeze and have Kane choke slam another Jobber.

Also I'd find it perfectly acceptable for Slater and Rhyno to beat American Alpha for the tag titles only for American Alpha to win the titles two nights later on Smackdown.

How about Usos cheating to beat AA, and then they're about to cheat in the finals against Heath Rhyno, so AA comes out and kills the Usos dead and throw Heath on top and then we get a blood feud between AA and the Usos and Heath and Rhyno can defend against Breezango or something.

• Like 1

Remember when the Usos debuted looking like the Mean Street Posse and claiming they weren't here to dance and have fun. That Samoans have been held down etc.

Turning them heel is easy enough. Just go with the old "entertaining you people got us nowhere, now we do this for ourselves." promo.

Local radio affiliates in the River City are finally having contests to win tickets.   Hopefully I will score on a pair. 

I have no idea if Hangman Tim, Dean, or any other 804 guys are going to the show.

It really feels like AJ Styles should be the World Champion right now, but it also feels like there really isn't enough steam behind this feud yet. Ambrose dropping the title Sunday would just seem kind of abrupt. I think this feud needs another month of heat behind it before AJ wins the title.

6 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

It really feels like AJ Styles should be the World Champion right now, but it also feels like there really isn't enough steam behind this feud yet. Ambrose dropping the title Sunday would just seem kind of abrupt. I think this feud needs another month of heat behind it before AJ wins the title.

I feel the same way about Orton/Bray, I'd like another week of build with this show but as is I think it'll be pretty good.