DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

Someday in the future WWE will do a western style of unfication of the Uni and WWE World titles, could expect the Uni title to win out and the WWE world title to be retired. 

Anyway only 3 titles left from the 20th century in WWE, WWE World, IC, US.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

Someday in the future WWE will do a western style of unfication of the Uni and WWE World titles, could expect the Uni title to win out and the WWE world title to be retired. 

Anyway only 3 titles left from the 20th century in WWE, WWE World, IC, US.

I'd be stunned if the WWE Universal Championship was kept over the WWE Championship. That would be fucking stupid so I expect WWE to do just that. The WWE Championship is the belt to win for the history, past champions and lineage.

A well done video by WWE on BT Sport showing a picture of every WWE Champion and reigns held. I really liked how NJPW had their IWGP Heavyweight Championship version for years playing just before the IWGP Heavyweight Championship match. All that history.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Somebody help me out on this when did NWA go from the Domed Globe to big gold? Was big gold what Flair take to WWF?

Big Gold's debut:

Rick Flair nameplate.

Yes, Ric Flair took Big Gold to WWE:

Hope this helps.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Daily Pro Wrestling History (07/12): Big Van Vader wins WCW title from Sting

Did they go back to Big Gold after this oddly WWF looking championship that vader held?

Yes. WCW created the WCW World Heavyweight Championship from 1991-1994, it's the one Vader's holding. Only men to win it: Lex Luger, Sting, Vader X2, Ron Simmons and Ric Flair.

When WCW got Big Gold back in 1993, it was renamed the WCW International World Heavyweight Championship. It was a world title but wasn't THE World title, it was the WCW World Heavyweight Championship held by Vader. Ric Flair beat Vader for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade 1993. Flair defeated Sting, the WCW International World Heavyweight Champion in a unification match in June 1994. The Big Gold was used ever since as the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Right call as that's the iconic design and history compared to three years of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1991-1994).

Happy to help!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham at The Great American Bash 1991 to crown the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. However the belt wasn't ready in time so we had this instead:

R.be30882a91628518b5d90f235e3ef99f?rik=n

Cheap plates stuck on a different belt. So bad. Fittingly as TGAB 1991 is one of the worst ever wrestling shows. Poor, @Technico Support.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yes. WCW created the WCW World Heavyweight Championship from 1991-1994, it's the one Vader's holding. Only men to win it: Lex Luger, Sting, Vader X2, Ron Simmons and Ric Flair.

When WCW got Big Gold back in 1993, it was renamed the WCW International World Heavyweight Championship. It was a world title but wasn't THE World title, it was the WCW World Heavyweight Championship held by Vader. Ric Flair beat Vader for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade 1993. Flair defeated Sting, the WCW International World Heavyweight Champion in a unification match in June 1994. The Big Gold was used ever since as the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Right call as that's the iconic design and history compared to three years of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1991-1994).

Happy to help!

When WCW got the Big Gold back it was first the re-born NWA title belt since WCW had rejoined the NWA. The "new" NWA World Championship was pretty much a WCW-New Japan thing, the other NWA promoters wanted dates on the champion and a vote on who should be the champion, WCW said no, the NWA promoters sued WCW which lead to the name change to the WCW International World Championship. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zendragon said:

Somebody help me out on this when did NWA go from the Domed Globe to big gold? Was big gold what Flair take to WWF?

The Big Gold was Crockett's answer to the Hogan 86 belt, which I was bigger than both the previous WWF belt and the Domed Globe.  Basically, it was just originally a "Our belt is bigger" dick measuring contest.  

If I remember right, there was contention when Flair got fired from WCW over who actually owned the Big Gold.  NWA was still collecting the deposits from the champs (so they didn't pull what ended up happening anyway) even though Crockett was the one who commissioned the belt, not the NWA.  So when Crockett sold to Turner, the belt was included.  Then it was like NWA and Herd fighting over who owes Flair the money, so he showed up in WWF with the belt and away we went (until WCW won the C&D about showing up with the belt on TV until everything was settled.)

• Thanks 1