DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

I'd rank them:

5. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

4. IWGP Heavyweight Championship V1.

3. IWGP Heavyweight Championship V2.

2. IWGP Heavyweight Championship V3.

1. IWGP Heavyweight Championship V4.

It's really close between the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V1-V2 and V3-V4. The IWGP World Heavyweight Championship is the only one I don't like at all.

DSC_9241.jpg

Seems the new booking around the IWGP World HW title won't care so much about the Japanese champions having to be trueborns, unlike the last decade. Similar changes in booking happened for the AJPW Triple Crown post split.

However, Kensuke Sasaki, Yoshihiro Takayama, Genichiro Tenryu, Kota Ibushi, Tatsumi Fujinami, Antonio Inoki all won the defunct IWGP HW before and weren't NJPW trueborns. I would count Okada but he had extensive retraining in the NJPW dojo.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, D.Z said:

Million_Dollar_Belt.jpg

Fun fact: there's actually three versions of that WCW Tag Team Championship belt. V1 is the one pictured above (smaller main plate)

V2 was the one used toward the end of the company folding (as seen here being held by the Hardy's):
https://64.media.tumblr.com/10bbaa110bc9a6317732b0b911d980fc/tumblr_o7j05n0oAs1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

V3 was the same as V2 but the sideplates were changed to have the birdpoop logo instead of the older logo. I don't think V3 ever made it on television.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Fun fact: there's actually three versions of that WCW Tag Team Championship belt. V1 is the one pictured above (smaller main plate)

V2 was the one used toward the end of the company folding (as seen here being held by the Hardy's):
https://64.media.tumblr.com/10bbaa110bc9a6317732b0b911d980fc/tumblr_o7j05n0oAs1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

That's good, because that main plate looks weird.  When the side plates arent much smaller than the main, something's wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The front plate looks like the silhouette of Jyushin Liger's mask.

Or an outline of Cody's neck tattoo.

They really missed an opportunity.  They could have made it an outline of Inoki's head.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 3