DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I never knew the WWF 85 had the history on the sideplates.  

Yep, it was a carry over from the “Big Green Belt” that Backlund first wore. 

Also, the WCW belt is slick but it had too many similarities to the Winged Eagle. 

E2hmO73VUAA8c3L?format=jpg&name=small

E2hm2QUWQAYjdnA?format=jpg&name=large

Hikaru Shida presented with the new AEW Women's World Championship on AEW Dynamite, the last before Double or Nothing 3. I like how it's bigger, has more gold to it and it's right that Shida is the first to wear it as she's the first to hold an AEW Championship for an entire year. Dr. Britt Baker will end the reign at Double or Nothing 3.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

i'm kinda tired of Kenny Omega being the "World Champion" but Hikaru Shida being the "Women's World Title".  time for the men's belt to be referred to as such. if titles are only for specifically one sex, they need to be addressed as such.

Men's World Title

Men's Tag Team Title

Men's TNT Title

Men's FTW Title (?)

Women's World Title

really drives home the imbalance 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Bret-Hart-4.jpg

R54e670bcf315766b2542fa8263b0310a?rik=1a

R87c90f00cb2e78a2c789fb32d364f686?rik=vR

E2hm2QUWQAYjdnA?format=jpg&name=large

AEW has the best looking belts in wrestling. All prestigious and protected.

The tag belts look like something from the late 90’s and don’t mix with the World singles belts. 

The TNT belt looks good but looked better with the red strap. 

21 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Hard disagree. I'm so over colored straps. There has never been a title with a colored strap that looked better than the default black strap. The TNT Title looked so minor league until it was put on a black strap. Looks great now.

I very much disliked the original AEW Women's Title design. Mostly because of the minuscule size. But the redesign making it bigger has made a world of difference to me. It looks 1,000x better now.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, Mister TV said:

The tag belts look like something from the late 90’s and don’t mix with the World singles belts. 

On 5/30/2021 at 4:34 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Hard disagree. I'm so over colored straps. There has never been a title with a colored strap that looked better than the default black strap. The TNT Title looked so minor league until it was put on a black strap. Looks great now.

I very much disliked the original AEW Women's Title design. Mostly because of the minuscule size. But the redesign making it bigger has made a world of difference to me. It looks 1,000x better now.

I prefer black straps but I do like white for secondary titles as seen on the WWE and IWGP Intercontinental Championship. I've liked every version of the TNT Championship. I'm glad there's a new AEW Women's World Championship making it bigger and more gold on. The first attempt was too small.

R8abcf88984626c258a60de55107f3296?rik=dT

Mark-Henry-World-Heavyweight-Champion.jp

E2wkKIsWUAIuUvR?format=jpg&name=900x900

On the subject of straps, how do we feel about the inner strap as a different colour? The WWF Championship once had a blue backing in 1999, the World Heavyweight Championship was red 2011-2013. The AEW World Tag Team Championship has a black/white pattern, the new AEW Women's World Championship is grey. I like them all but much prefer a black backing like belts usually tend to have.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

E2rxb7VXEAQSH8P?format=jpg&name=medium

For fun::

Ultimo's Shoulder left to right: WWA World Junior Heavyweight, NWA World Junior Heavyweight, IWGP Junior Heavyweight, WWF World Light Heavyweight, NWA World Welterweight

On the Ground left to right: British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight, WAR International Junior Heavyweight, UWA World Junior Heavyweight

• Like 3

On 5/30/2021 at 1:49 PM, D.Z said:

Hope so

E2kbuzYVIAI2Q-8?format=jpg&name=large

Belts with pictures of the champion on them weird me out.  They look like:

1. A memorial
  2. That belt Hogan had for like a week
  3. The cover of Dr. Dre's "The Chronic"
Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

No.  He wore them a couple times, but I don't think the J-Crown was ever defended outside of NJPW.  Even when Ultimo win the WCW Cruiser and the NWA Middleweight (from CMLL), those 2 didn't count in the J-Crown.

• Like 1

I like to think Vince's reaction to having one of "his" belts on Nitro again had him fuming.

Can we somehow rewrite history to Ultimo Dragon being the reason of the Screwjob?

Edited by PetrolCB

Well it's not far off.  I think Ultimo showing up with the whole Crown on Nitro is the reason he finally pulled the WWF belt and started the Light Heavyweight division.  And pulling that belt is ultimately what broke the J-Crown up.

• Like 1