DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

Today, Walter's NXT-UK reign became the longest one ever. Tyler Bate had it for 125 days, Pete Dunne for 685, and now Walter has had it for 686. And doesn't seem likely to lose it any time soon, considering how he's run through the whole (male) roster on the brand, and none of the USA-based NXT wrestlers are likely to pop over for a good while.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AxB said:

Today, Walter's NXT-UK reign became the longest one ever. Tyler Bate had it for 125 days, Pete Dunne for 685, and now Walter has had it for 686. And doesn't seem likely to lose it any time soon, considering how he's run through the whole (male) roster on the brand, and none of the USA-based NXT wrestlers are likely to pop over for a good while.

EuiScBvXEAApXmf?format=jpg&name=large

Congratulations, WALTER.

• Like 1

EvSctZ7UcAIUWHM?format=jpg&name=900x900

Will Tetsuya Naito regain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship from IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi at tonight's NJPW Castle Attack?

It's the first time since Tetsuya Naito unified the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 that someone is going for the one belt only. Naito wins and the secondary belt becomes separate again. Ibushi retains making it unified as one as Ibushi has gone on record wanting that. Ibushi also wants a new belt design. It's something getting a NJPW Wrestle Kingdom main event rematch in such a short space of time.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Eu17EINVgAApYpS?format=jpg&name=small

latest?cb=20160715155904&ehk=VxAAQYjZB%2

Read this morning that the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and the IWGP Intercontinental Championship will stay unified with a new championship belt and name, The IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. I'm going to miss these two belts. Two of the most beautiful belts of all time by far.

• Like 1

I prefer the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship to be separate still. I don't think Double Gold Dash worked out as well as it could. I figured both titles would be defended and sometimes the one. I thought the latter would lead to the titles getting separated again.

I'll miss the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, a secondary title that truly meant something and because of which main evented shows. I'll miss the IWGP Heavyweight Championship Version 4. Both are two of the best wrestling belts ever made. Beautiful. Nearly impossible to follow on.

The new name, the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship is fitting. If I understand rightly, this will be new lineage with Kota Ibushi as the first. Really don't like that, give a new name to the belt yes, but carry on the title history of legendary names: Fujinami, Chosu, Muto, Hashimoto, Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada, Naito and Omega. I love how the video plays before the IWGP Heavyweight Championship match of past champions. You've retired a title with 33 years worth of history. The WWE Championship has had different names but still kept their lineage.

I've looked to see the feedback of the announcement that the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championship will be unified, will get a new belt design and new lineage. The majority of which are pissed at all three.

Some of the above:

Edited by The Natural