DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's the new one. Shortly thereafter Austin went and had the Smoking Skull made on his own, which pissed off Vince, but ended up working in the long run. There were also two Smoking Skulls. The gold we know and a silver one, which is pretty awesome looking. He chose the former, obviously. Deadly Games was the debut of the black scratch logo Big Eagle for The Rock after winning the tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, that's the new one. Shortly thereafter Austin went and had the Smoking Skull made on his own, which pissed off Vince, but ended up working in the long run. There were also two Smoking Skulls. The gold we know and a silver one, which is pretty awesome looking. He chose the former, obviously. Deadly Games was the debut of the black scratch logo Big Eagle for The Rock after winning the tournament.

Thank you for that, @PetrolCB. I knew Steve Austin went and made a Smoking Skull belt which pissed Vince McMahon off but I didn't know about a silver version. The scratch logo went through Deadly Games gold on black then the actual colours of the Attitude Era WWF, white and red which was my favourite version of that WWF Championship.

18 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

smokingvincefbthumb.jpg

Vince McMahon when he saw the WWF Smoking Skull Championship for the first time ;).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thank you for that, @PetrolCB. I knew Steve Austin went and made a Smoking Skull belt which pissed Vince McMahon off but I didn't know about a silver version. The scratch logo went through Deadly Games gold on black then the actual colours of the Attitude Era WWF, white and red which was my favourite version of that WWF Championship.

Here's Joe Marshall (JMAR) when he delivered the two for Austin.

fu60bv8qb1e51.jpg

He did all of the new belts that year ('98). Its when they stopped using the Reggie Parks titles (sadly) and went with JMAR and then subsequently wanted to keep things more in-house with the rights, which is where the early 2000s belts come in.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Here's Joe Marshall (JMAR) when he delivered the two for Austin.

fu60bv8qb1e51.jpg

He did all of the new belts that year ('98). Its when they stopped using the Reggie Parks titles (sadly) and went with JMAR and then subsequently wanted to keep things more in-house with the rights, which is where the early 2000s belts come in.

Cheers, @PetrolCB. Thanks for the insights today.

Before Hogan dropped the belt to Andre in 88 (and they changed the belt design to the classic Winged Eagle), they toyed with this one, which had Hogan's picture in the middle (like the current NWA Women's Belt).  Only ever showed up on house shows.

• Like 1