DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:03 AM, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

okojdvrqrl051.jpg?auto=webp&s=4a31ebbde2

I'm a fan of all the AEW Championship belts: the AEW World Championship, AEW Women's Championship, AEW World Tag Team Championships and AEW TNT Championship. The AEW World Championship is the best of them. The only change I'd make is the AEW Women's Championship a tad bigger than it is. Guessing the designs comes from Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. Whoever has and makes them, well done!

Edited by The Natural

That does look a lot better but I'm willing to withhold judgment until they get it fully constructed with gold and/or whatever else.  Now if they use that edit as a template then I think it would make for a pretty nice-looking belt.

All their belts are inspired by other older belts, some are multiple designs and elements into one.  Eventually the women will get their own tags, so I think they should copy the old WWF women tags design and combine that with AJPW's NWA International Tag Team Championship design.

Edited by D.Z

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

y9wjfj70w5151.jpg

Actually, that’s the fan edit that is apparently super close to the final product. There was another floating around that had more detail to it.

Edit: This is the fan edit. It’s a nice fan edit, but taking a piece from big gold is a bit much.

ud312df0vr051.jpg

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1

It’s just a very flat looking belt. But I understand some of the choices. Like the red is synonymous with Atlanta, and it’s sports team colors. The side plates representing the old TBS studios. So they have their head in the right place but the belt is too plain, in too many spots. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

The AEW Men's belt worked really well with Chris Jericho's look and character, but it really doesn't fit with who Jon Moxley is. 

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

The AEW Men's belt worked really well with Chris Jericho's look and character, but it really doesn't fit with who Jon Moxley is. 

please don't suggest that AEW starts having their champions get custom belts.  ?

The AEW belt works for AEW. It might not always look appropriate on their champion - but that's also kind've the point of the iconoclast type of character that Moxley is. I think the belt would look very good with Omega, Cody... anyone that doesn't look like a hobo. 

• Like 1