DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Cheers. How much?

$2200 US (if I can round it right)

Release time is July.

I'm a member of the Belt Talk forum, and someone gave a heads up and I figured I'd give you guys one as well. Check the NJPW shop frequently as I'm not sure as to when they will start preorders. 

These are rare. So, if you want it, pay attention.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Not sure if this will work, still getting used to an Android, but here's the description...

https://pasteboard.co/IQBFOuq.jpg

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea why, but I've been thinking the last couple days about how the 91-94 WCW World Title belt has basically been completely erased from history. I know it's not nearly as cool looking as Big Gold, but it's the belt Vader held all three of his reigns, the belt Ron Simmons won to make history, the belt Luger, Sting and Flair all held. I mean, for a belt to only have been held by five men, that's a hell of a group.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 7:25 AM, D.Z said:

d530508f4069d709391669a8c5045f77.jpg

The only change I'd make to that WCW World Heavyweight Wrestling Championship is have black behind the World like the other writing. It doesn't stand out as the other words do with a black background.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The only change I'd make to that WCW World Heavyweight Wrestling Championship is have black behind the World like the other writing. It doesn't stand out as the other words do with a black background.

It very much has a "can we make it look like the WWF belt without actually ripping off the WWF belt?" vibe.

I wonder whatever happened to the belt. Like, did it go into a Turner warehouse? Included in the WWF sale? Did Ric just keep it after unifying it with Big Gold? In which case, how much did he pawn it for?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It very much has a "can we make it look like the WWF belt without actually ripping off the WWF belt?" vibe.

I wonder whatever happened to the belt. Like, did it go into a Turner warehouse? Included in the WWF sale? Did Ric just keep it after unifying it with Big Gold? In which case, how much did he pawn it for?

Doesn't Conrad Thompson have it in his belt collection now?

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

I bet having "World" blend in was on purpose, same mindset as the WWF mostly ditching the use of World with their title since its kind of redundant and a bit of a tongue twister. 

• Thanks 1

That was one of things I always noticed though.  Up until Chimel took over for Finkle, it was always "The World Wrestling Federation Champion" where as the WCW Announcers used "The WCW World Heavyweight Champion".  Although I do see a redundency calling it World when the word World is in the name of your promotion.

This also jives with the 2 biggest promotions in the World don't actually call their top titles "World Championships" despite being so.

5 hours ago, happjack said:

For some reason they did a close up of that makeshift belt on the ppv, it was a mess. If I remember right it was a belt from the Florida promotion Dusty booked during his time between WCW and WWF. 

The PWF Heavyweight belt.  Those trophy shop cover-up plates looked so bad.  It would've been easier to just slap some black paint on one of the 6-man belts or something.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:13 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I wonder whatever happened to the belt. Like, did it go into a Turner warehouse? Included in the WWF sale? Did Ric just keep it after unifying it with Big Gold? In which case, how much did he pawn it for?

Dave Millican owns it. He takes it to those Starrcast-type shows to show off his collection, when he's not busy stiffing people out of thousands of dollars for up to 5-7 years and not delivering what they paid for. I'm surprised nobody has sued him yet, or at least confronted him at these fan fests.

14 hours ago, BEN! said:

The PWF Heavyweight belt.  Those trophy shop cover-up plates looked so bad.  It would've been easier to just slap some black paint on one of the 6-man belts or something.

Or just leave it as is and not do any close up shots of it.