DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

36 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Some people really like this version of the eagle belt. I personally didn’t. I just always found it to be really flat compared to the previous design, along with the belt that replaced the previous IC belt.

I really like that version but the previous WWF Championship reigns supreme like the classic WWF Intercontinental Championship over the replacement. Thank God a tweaked version returned via Cody Rhodes at Hell in a Cell 2011. That was the highlight of the show.

Edited by The Natural

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I really like that version but the previous WWF Championship reigns supreme like the classic WWF Intercontinental Championship over the replacement. Thank God a tweaked version returned via Cody Rhodes at Hell in a Cell 2011. That was the highlight of the show.

But do you remember the first retro IC belt that Cody had, that looked really cheap, tiny, and a weirdly shaped?

20111002_rhodes_newicbelt--332d10bc9572a

cody-rhodes-2011-intercontinental-champi

Which might’ve looked like a knockoff for copyright reasons.

Here’s the belt we have today.*

RAW_989_Photo_015.jpg

*Hard to find a picture, with a real good look at the difference.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1

If I recall the story,  when they switched off the oval IC, they went with someone that made a real bad knockoff of the 80/90 belt.  Parks got pissy and just made the real one with the updated logo and it ended up getting WWE and Parks doing business again before Reggie retired.  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, Raziel said:

If I recall the story,  when they switched off the oval IC, they went with someone that made a real bad knockoff of the 80/90 belt.  Parks got pissy and just made the real one with the updated logo and it ended up getting WWE and Parks doing business again before Reggie retired.  

If I remember correctly, the original incorrect version of the White IC that Cody brought back was made by Wildcat Belts.

9db89838c7b52a96-600x338.jpg

The IWGP Heavyweight Championship is the best looking belt in wrestling today, felt that way for some time. 

latest?cb=20180127114506

The IWGP Intercontinental Championship also looks great. NJPW hosts the best world title and secondary title designs in wrestling.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1