DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

I mean, I've seen that belt on Park's and Millican's site, so they actually made it.  Given the logo, I imagine it was made for after WCW took the Big Gold back, but they decided to use the 10 pounds of Gold instead, which seems a really odd expenditure for Corluzzo to have made.

Alternatively, it could've been made for TNA, but they decided to stick with the Classic belt, which that expenditure would be par for the course with them.

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

I'm not sure if it's real.

NWA60sbelt.jpg

Gene_Kiniski_(cropped).jpg

I know most people love the domed globe and think of it as the "classic" NWA belt, but this one was always my favorite. Probably just because I'm that much older-- I saw Rogers and Thesz wear that one to the ring in Jacksonville, fer chrissakes.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 4:15 PM, D.Z said:

I'm not sure if it's real.

NWA60sbelt.jpg

I was trying to remember if that was the look they brought back for Dan Severn's reign at one point, but then I realized it was this instead.

Ja08Yw5.jpg

Ok, so looking at the two mystery NWA World belts:  

This one:

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

25627204_1059638914179252_28171409072969

Another version.

Is the actual belt from O'Conner to Dory, it changed to the Dome toward the end of Dory's reign.  

This one: 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Ja08Yw5.jpg

Is as Pete said, one they made for Severn, he used it a couple times, but then switched back to the Dome.  

Severn's is the one I've never seen actually used but kept seeing it pop up on belt sites and in that NWA Set.

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

5846461_orig.png

I really wish this version of the ECW title stuck around longer. Although admittedly it might’ve been too classy for them at the time. Also it was clearly modeled after the wonderful NWA tag belts, which was a major plus.

Loved this one. Thanks for posting it as I forgot to.