DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Triple H's face in the thumbnail revealing the NXT North American Championship makes me chuckle :

Hide contents

That belt looks like one you’d see at a low level boxing card somewhere in Nevada not named Las Vegas. 

40 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Remember the WWE United Kingdom Championship came before the WWE NXT North American Championship. We're more prestigious!

: p

; )

It’s truly the King George III of titles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nia not getting hers is wierd, because supposedly there are side plates for everyone on the roster that management considers possibly having one of the main belts.  Carmella's is because they have MitB winner's plates made for sure, but they had to have known Nia was getting the belt at Mania a couple weeks in advance, so her not having hers yet is pretty shitty.

Maybe it's just the lack of her having any kind of signature logo.  All her merch has just been I'M NOT LIKE MOST GIRLS in a basic purple font or her eyes, which would just be creepy as a sideplate.

4 hours ago, CSC said:

Maybe it's just the lack of her having any kind of signature logo.  All her merch has just been I'M NOT LIKE MOST GIRLS in a basic purple font or her eyes, which would just be creepy as a sideplate.

Isn't one of the Charlotte sideplates her eye with that goofy rhinestone weirdness she wears from time to time?

EDIT- Also, they went mad generic with the Jinder plates as well, it was just his name in a big blocky font.

Edited by grilledcheese
Additional thought
  • Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Charlotte's always made me think it's from a reboot of Jem.

Can't go any worse than the live action movie.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

At least it gave me a best case/worst case scenario for live action versions of cartoons featuring girl rock groups. Best case, Josie and the Pussycats. Worst case, Jem and the Holograms.

14 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

....this exists?

Jem and the Holograms (2015) - It's like someone tried to make a low budget MY LITTLE PONY movie using real horses.  You kinda get the gist of it, but only if you're a fan of the original concept.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

EDIT- Also, they went mad generic with the Jinder plates as well, it was just his name in a big blocky font.

which suits Jinder just fine with his generic foreign heel #836 gimmick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

which suits Jinder just fine with his generic foreign heel #836 gimmick

Given he was doing a generic foreign heel gimmick, you'd think they could at least come up with a design that hinted at his ethnicity.