DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

On 11/30/2016 at 6:47 PM, bobholly138 said:

FCXYaAs.jpg

The guy with the belt is the first and only Last Rites Championship Wrestling Extreme champion Max Maverick. The belt was a old weightlifting belt the owner of Last Rites had. Then he covered it with car decals.

The guy with the belt looks the least like a worker out of everyone in that photo, including the kids.

• Like 7

Yeah. Max never really looked like a wrestler. He had already changed out of his ring gear and came  out at intermission to tell me "You are the most annoying fan I have met. And I mean that in a good way."

BTW I am the goon in the jean shorts and the faded Dickies workshirt.

Men I've managed have held far shittier belts than those two.

(DOA originally had replicas of the ECW tag team titles with a *sticker* of the company logo on the front.  Not on the sideplates, just the front, and since the promotion prided itself on tons of juice and hardcore matches, that sticker got dirty REAL quick.)

• 4 weeks later...

Read a rumor that both the US and IC titles are getting redesigned. Ambrose talking about how he needs a new title belt on SD this week make sense if true. I wonder if we're just getting new WWE logo belts with different color straps like the WWE, Universal, and Women's champs, or if they'll be completely new designs like the Cruiserweight and UK titles?