DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

4 hours ago, piranesi said:

09_WWE-TITLE-RENDERS-6.jpg

This, to me, screams out like a headband you would win at the high striker game at Six Flags before digging into the cooler of cold KFC and RC cola you snuck in for lunch.

That would have been the perfect belt for world champ Biker Taker.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2016 at 1:26 PM, Web Conn said:

I'm partial to the original incarnation of the ROH Tag Team Championship that kinda sort of looks like the NWA Tag Team Championship

Colt%20and%20Punk%201_zpspqpbrlij.jpg

Um, those were actually the second ROH tag titles.  The first ones, won by Donovan Morgan and Christopher Daniels, were really cheap looking knockoffs of the IC title belt.

mwefxy.jpg

My $.02 regarding this thread: I hate hate hate the phrase "winged eagle." There's no other kind, folks.  Also, as far as the AWA belt goes, I prefer the one that looks like it was designed by Slartibartfast.  Finally, I always thought that WCW '91 abomination was originally the belt for Dusty's PWF.  Carry on.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

Um, those were actually the second ROH tag titles.  The first ones, won by Donovan Morgan and Christopher Daniels, were really cheap looking knockoffs of the IC title belt.

mwefxy.jpg

Learn something new everyday

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Anyone know what's up with Dave Millican?

I've sent him three emails asking for a quote on a copy of the Jim Crockett version of the World TV Title belt but haven't gotten a response.

He's got a five  year wait anyway. 

However, he is now licensing his designs to guys who were previously bootlegging them, like Fandu, RF, and Highspots. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cool arrow said:

My $.02 regarding this thread: I hate hate hate the phrase "winged eagle." There's no other kind, folks.

What do you call the Winged Eagle then?

6 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

@cool arrow It's called the "Winged Eagle" because its wings break the confines of the center plate.

DSCN4969.jpg

as opposed to the title that followed, where they did not.

WWF_Championship_201998_20-_202002.jpg

Correct, the above being called the Big Eagle. That picture is a really poor example, though. As replicas go it's in poor shape. Replicas are usually terrible anyways though.

On 8/31/2016 at 1:56 PM, grilledcheese said:

I don't see a lot of love for Big Green, but I adored that version of the title. Perhaps that comes from my affinity for the WBC titles. I always thought they kind of had a similar vibe. I would love to know if the story about it being dumped in the trash outside a venue is actually true. If it is, what a shame.

I always heard Hogan gave it to his brother-in-law

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2016 at 6:51 PM, Technico Support said:

Is that from the 91 Bash?  I was there...what a shitshow. 

It is. My sympathy.

On 31/08/2016 at 11:29 PM, The Green Meanie said:

Re: The Big Gold

There's a least 5 versions of that belt throughout it's use as NWA/WCW/World Heavyweight Championship. You have the original, known as the "Crumrine", a recast, the WWF "Vegas" Big Gold, then two WWE World Heavyweight Championship versions.

I didn't know this. Thanks.

On 01/09/2016 at 0:40 PM, Technico Support said:

I was trying to find a pic of Flair on TV with the blurred tag belt but all I can find are pre-blur photos, which are also great:

a6vj-795912.jpg

EDIT: GAH, beaten to it so I'll just leave this here: nice article about the history of the big gold belt

As a kid watching the official Survivor Series 1991, the shape reminded me of the world tag team titles. Thank you. I'll read that article.

On 01/09/2016 at 6:34 PM, BEN! said:

TNA_World_Heavyweight_Championship.JPG

I have no idea why TNA quit using this.  Looks so much better than the one they replaced it with and unlike the current one it actually fit around the waist properly.

The new WWE belts look like ass.  The center plate is basically just a stencil.  They look so cheap and tacky.  The women's belts, well the SmackDown version at least, don't look too bad from a distance but the colored background is just the strap painted.

I dont know why TNA stopped using that belt. Same goes for the X Division Championship and TNA World Tag Team Championship at the same time:

Ceinture_TNA_X-Division_2007.gif

TNA_Tag_Titles_display_image.jpg?1321928

On 01 September 2016 at 9:26 PM, Web Conn said:

I'm partial to the original incarnation of the ROH Tag Team Championship that kinda sort of looks like the NWA Tag Team Championship

Colt%20and%20Punk%201_zpspqpbrlij.jpg

americasmostwanted001mi1_zpszs3405db.jpg

Dipshit wearing the belt wrong way round. At times, Great Khali lifted the World Heavyweight Championship upside down:

Image result for the great kahli world heavyweight champion