DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Beautiful belt

shingo-takagi-is-seen-with-iwgp-world-he

I hate that fucking thing:

• Replacing one of the top three belts of all time, the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V4.
  • How the belt looks.
  • Shape of the main plate.
  • Main plate too small.
  • The gap between the main plate and the first side plate.
  • Side plates are too big.
  • The strap is way too long.

@Gordberg, has your opinion changed on it over time or not? If anything, I hate it even more. There's nothing I like about it, mate.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I hate that fucking thing:

• Replacing one of the top three belts of all time, the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V4.
  • How the belt looks.
  • Shape of the main plate.
  • Main plate too small.
  • The gap between the main plate and the first side plate.
  • Side plates are too big.
  • The strap is way too long.

@Gordberg, has your opinion changed on it over time or not? If anything, I hate it even more. There's nothing I like about it, mate.

Hate's a pretty strong word...

...but yeah, I hate that $h*t. 

Here's a belt I kinda love, the Osaka Tempozan Championship. I think my boy Takoyakida got it for winning a tournament, or maybe a battle royal? 

171666_10150131195410358_3783894_o.jpg?_

I think that the red strap and big star face plate are a good look for a tertiary title. If that new-look IWGP strap was repurposed for, say, the G1 winner or the KOPW or some such I wouldn't mind it so much. I just tend to think that world titles with long histories and legendary championship lineages (Like the IWGP Heavyweight Championship) should be represented by more traditional-style belts. 

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Muto won the GHC tags with Marufuji, and Muto joined the ranks of being one of the only few men to won all top tag titles from NJPW, AJPW, NOAH. He is also the oldest holder.

FEFV3HaaIAEd-OS?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by D.Z