DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I still miss Brodie Lee. I'm actually wearing my Exalted in Heaven shirt at this moment.

I do as well. The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield from Elimination Chamber 2014 is one of the greatest matches ever, ***** and Luke Harper was the MVP from it. Think of the talent involved. Liked him ever since then and when I was going to WWE house shows, I'd look to see if he was there. Harper was only booked for one and he injured his knee a few weeks before so couldn't compete. Mr. Brodie Lee fixed the Dark Order rehabilitating them, I was watching the compilation of them in BTE this week. So funny. I gave ***** for what turned out to be Lee's last match, a dog collar match vs. Cody on the 7th of October 2020 Dynamite. The AEW Dynamite Celebration of Mr Brodie Lee is the best tribute show I've ever seen. Had to watch it live. Such a tragic loss.

• Like 1

Today marks one year of Roman Reigns as WWE Universal Champion. Hell of a run. Year plus world champions in WWE since Randy Savage held the WWF Championship from March 1988-April 1989:

• John Cena, WWE Championship, September 2006-October 2007.
  • CM Punk, WWE Championship, November 2011-January 2013.
  • AJ Styles, WWE Championship, November 2017-November 2018.
  • Brock Lesnar, WWE Universal Championship, April 2017-August 2018. Longest reign in the title's history.
  • Adam Cole, NXT Championship, June 2019-July 2020. Longest reign in the title's history.
  • Pete Dunne, NXT United Kingdom Champion, May 2017-April 2019.
  • WALTER, NXT United Kingdom Champion, April 2019-August 2021. Longest reign of the modern era. 870 days.
  • Trish Stratus, WWE Women's Champion. January 2005-April 2006. Longest brand split reign in the title's history.
  • Bayley, WWE Smackdown Women's Champion. October 2019-October 2020. Longest reign in the title's history.
  • Becky Lynch, WWE RAW Women's Champion. April 2019-May 2020. Longest reign in the title's history.
  • Asuka, NXT Women's Champion, April 2016-September 2017. Longest reign in the title's history.
  • Shayna Baszler. NXT Women's Champion, October 2018-December 2019.
  • Kay Lee Ray. NXT UK Women's Champion. August 2019-June 2021. Longest reign in the title's history.

On 8/31/2016 at 7:36 AM, The Natural said:

I’ve always had an interest in wrestling championship belts for how they look and reigns. Best looking for me is the Big Gold Belt. A perfect design. My two other, the WWF Winged Eagle belt I grew up watching and the classic WWF Intercontinental Championship particularly with the white leather.

The worst belt is definitely the Jeff Hardy TNA World title. The new TNA X Division Title replacing the red X and then the blue X with the now green X is ugly. Looks like a green highlight pen was used. I liked the shape of the Spinner WWE Championship plates but not the spinner and champ on the main title, it should say champion.

Photos:

On 8/31/2016 at 7:40 AM, The Natural said:

My picks for most memorable championship reigns:

Samoa Joe’s ROH Championship reign turned into a world title, the length of the reign, 21 months unheard of in the era, the two hour long draws with CM Punk and elevating an independent belt to become one of the most important in the world.

Bryan Danielson’s ROH World Title reign, 15 months and the quality of the defenses. Still the greatest reign in the belt’s history.

John Cena holding the WWE Championship for a year in September 2006-October 2007, the first since Randy Savage in March 1988-April 1989. Defended against Umaga in a Last Man Standing match, Shawn Michaels, The Great Khali, Bobby Lashley and Randy Orton.

Kenta Kobashi GHC title run lasting two years with memorable defenses against Yoshihiro Takayama, Jun Akiyama and Akira Taue.

Bret Hart’s second WWF Championship win with matches against Owen Hart, Diesel, Bob Backlund and 123 Kid.

Now the worst:

David Arquette, an actor wins the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

Kevin Nash beats Goldberg for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship and ends Goldberg’s Streak at Starrcade 1998. Drops this to Hulk Hogan bumping to a fingerpoke to the chest on Monday Nitro. Fuck them.

Triple H’s World Heavyweight Title reign lasting nine months in 2003 feeling even longer. An all time low against Scott Steiner at Royal Rumble 2003.

Jeff Jarrett’s NWA World Heavyweight Title runs in TNA, All dragged and bored.

Vince fucking Russo as WCW World Heavyweight Champion.

Five years ago. Man, time flies. Cheers to those who have taken part then and now.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

The WWE Title, IC, US( originally WCW) along with the Million dollar championship are WWE's oldest titles dating back to the last century.

October 20, 2002 is when the current yet oldest Raw Tag titles were formed, the titles later absorbed only the lineage of the old WWF/World tag titles years ago.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, D.Z said:

NXT Cruiserweight Championship. The title does not carry on the history and records of the old cruiserweight title they got from WCW.

31a89-15866612508464-800.jpg

Looks much better with the NXT logo than with the WWE one it originally had:

8e8b12a955a3503cc66d03dc66a65de554504910

• Like 2