DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

Have we discussed favourite title wins in this thread? Great matches and feuds are awesome, but the moment that three count or submission happens and our favourite wrestler wins a title is probably the single most satisfying moment to watch as a fan right?

My fave of all time:

Some honorable mentions:

- Bret making Hennig submit at Summerslam 91
- Christian winning the WHC for the first time in the Ladder match against Del Rio
- Seth Rollins cashing in at WM 31, I was marking out bro

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, eikerir said:

Have we discussed favourite title wins in this thread? Great matches and feuds are awesome, but the moment that three count or submission happens and our favourite wrestler wins a title is probably the single most satisfying moment to watch as a fan right?

My fave of all time:

Some honorable mentions:

- Christian winning the WHC for the first time in the Ladder match against Del Rio

Good question.

• Daniel Bryan winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXX. My all time favourite.
  • Daniel Bryan with the debut of the running knee pins John Cena cleanly to win the WWE Championship at SummerSlam 2013. So worth watching live in the early hours of the morning. This pushes the above close.
  • Daniel Bryan cashing in on The Big Show at TLC 2011 for the World Heavyweight Championship. I was sure he'd be the first to fail.
  • Bret Hart regains the WWF Championship from Yokozuna, WrestleMania X.
  • The Undertaker beats Sycho Sid for the WWF Championship at WrestleMania 13.
  • The Undertaker beats Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship 10 years later at WrestleMania 23.
  • Mankind wins the WWF Championship for the first time from The Rock on RAW, 4th January 1999.
  • Edge wins the WWE Championship for the first time cashing in on John Cena at New Year's Revolution 2006.
  • Sting becomes NWA World Heavyweight Champion defeating Ric Flair at The Great American Bash 1990.
  • Christian wins the vacant World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules 2011.
Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eikerir said:

Have we discussed favourite title wins in this thread?

1. Chris Benoit at WMXX and the post-match celebration with Eddie
i know, i know. but at the time it was the most magical thing possible.

others:
Macho Man winning the WM4 tournament (although i watched this on VHS, not live)
'nuff said.

Christian beating Jeff Jarrett at Against All Odds '06 for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Title
felt like validation after years of midcard/tag team/comedy roles

Daniel Bryan @ WMXXX
the last time i even remotely gave a shit about WWE. That passed, quickly.

i feel like there's a tag team win in there somewhere that floated my boat, but damn if i can remember it now.

• Like 1

impact-wrestling-retires-tna-world-heavy

Never liked how the TNA Heavyweight Championship belt looked. Glad to see that retired. Felt the opposite when it comes to the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V4 which I love getting retired by the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship which I loathe.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

impact-wrestling-retires-tna-world-heavy

Never liked how the TNA Heavyweight Championship belt looked. Glad to see that retired. Felt the opposite when it comes to the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V4 which I love getting retired by the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship which I loathe.

If Christian has no use for it, I'll be glad to take it off his hands. I have not seen the design all that much, but it looks nice enough to me.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, eikerir said:

My fave of all time:

Some honorable mentions:

Demolition winning the tag titles at WM4

Bret winning the IC title at Summerslam '91

The Quebecers first WWE tag title win

Taz winning the ECW World title

Samoa Joe winning the ROH world title

Austin Aries winning the ROH world title

CM Punk's WWE title wins

Daniel Bryan at WM30

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Austin Aries winning the ROH world title

Good shout,  i love this one too, the last minute of this match with Aries hitting move after move and the crowd losing their shit was tremendous.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, eikerir said:

good shout,  i love this one too, the combo Aries hit at the end and the crowd losing their shit with every love was tremendous.

Aries may be a prick outside of the ring, but god damn, he can go in the ring.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

Sorry i ate the belt.

You ate it right after Christian retired it? Well, ok I guess I can't have it, then. At least somebody had some use for it. I didn't really have a place to properly display it, anyway!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The Natural said:

R.0fd2a91d2caf94be2ba6061508eeb40f?rik=K

E9asyruVoAMY8S8?format=jpg&name=large

The late, great, Mr. Brodie Lee.

Great run to cap off his carreer, i hope he was having as much fun as it seemed like he was.

I also have fond memories because any time he was on screen my 2 year old daughter would continuously say I was on the tellie wrestling (there is a strong hair/beard similarity).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eikerir said:

Great run to cap off his carreer, i hope he was having as much fun as it seemed like he was.

I also have fond memories because any time he was on screen my 2 year old daughter would continuously say I was on the tellie wrestling (there is a strong hair/beard similarity).

What a run Mr. Brodie Lee was on. Lee's match with Jon Moxley at Double or Nothing 2020 is underrated. The squash match vs. Cody (Dynamite, 22nd August 2020) is memorable and his dog collar match (Dynamite, 7th October 2020) with Cody I gave *****. Mr. Brodie Lee redeemed the Dark Order through his leadership and Being the Elite:

I'm going to watch that today.

Thanks for sharing the adorable story of you and your daughter.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2