DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

3 hours ago, eikerir said:

I think Danielson's 2005-2006 run as ROH Champion is still my favourite of all time, he had so many good matches in that run and his character was amazing after becoming an arrogant prick. Very fond memories of rewatching all those DVDs. So many good matches agains Nigel, Kenta, Gibson, Shelley, Roderick, it's crazy.

Speaking of Roderick Strong, had a pretty amazing PWG Title run too.

If pressed to pick my favourite Bryan Danielson period, I'd choose Bryan Danielson as ROH World Champion:

R.a86c983fadecd6557751a26ac0c6f56c?rik=u

The matches we mentioned, his arrogance from getting the ring announcer to add an extra something like "Too good to wrestle in front of all these pricks", "and the best wrestler the world"" and of course, "I have till five!"

R.3f260b5e95e74bbc44d1b0395b56471a?rik=i

I narrowly prefer that iteration to The New Daniel Bryan, the campaigner against consumerism and vegan supporter. "Fickle!" "Impotent!" Change it!"

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

On 7/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, The Natural said:

E50r6K3WEAEltZx?format=jpg&name=large

Bring back Big Gold. Such a difference:

E5x9dbPUcAMfzqM?format=jpg&name=900x900

I've always loved the Big Gold Belt, ditto the WWF Winged Eagle Championship.

I understand it's for branding purposes, but the blue and red straps and backgrounds of the main plate just make the top titles just look like cheap toys ( which is bad, because even the toy versions are hardly cheap). Sure, they have much bigger problems to worry about, but I'd rather want some of the super-prestigeous looking ones that New Japan USED to have. Also, the short-lived WCW World title (that Luger and Vader made famous-ish) but with a white strap would make me drool, for example!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kenyabaxterZXW said:

E6TbR1aWEAc25xI?format=png&name=orig

Miro's title is in the colors of the Bulgarian Flag. The side plates even include the Crest of Bulgaria.

Fourth version of the TNT Championship:

1. Silver plates with red strap original.

2. Gold plates with red strap. Retired for the late, great Mr. Brodie Lee.

3. The above but with a black strap.

4. Miro's custom TNT Bulgarian Championship.

I don't like anything about the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. The way it looks, the shape of the main plate, the space between the main plate and the first side plate, the belt is too small and the strap too long.

• Like 1