DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

First Gen 

DGOpenTheDreamGateTitle.jpg

My mechanic complains that my wife's key ring has too much stuff on it, so it's too heavy and might break the starter.  I want to show up for an oil change with the car key attached to that belt just to see him have a coronary.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cross posting this from the Raw thread because I thought it was interesting. I'm very surprised to see the totals are still so low for African American World Champions in wrestling.

WWE Championship (3): The Rock | Kofi Kingston | Bobby Lashley
WCW World Title (3): Ron Simmons | Booker T | The Rock
WWE World Heavyweight Title (2): Booker T | Mark Henry
ECW World Title (2): Bobby Lashley | Ezekial Jackson
Impact World Title (2): Bobby Lashley | Rich Swann
NXT World Title (2): Big E | Keith Lee
IWGP Heavyweight Title (1): Bob Sapp
ROH World Title (1): Jay Lethal
NWA World Title (1): R-Truth
WWE Universal Title (0):
AEW World Title (0):
AWA World Title (0):

-Bobby Lashley is the first African American pro wrestler to hold three different world titles. (For the purpose of this list 'World Title' means the top title of a national wrestling brand). There's a legitimate argument for him being one of the most successful African American pro wrestlers of all time.

-The WWE Championship is now tied with the WCW World Title for having the most African American champions at 3.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Forgot Keith Lee & Jay Lethal
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, The Great ML said:

@NoFistsJustFlips, your lack of Iceman King Parsons hurts my feelings...

I don't consider Memphis or World Class national brands. WCCW had national tv through syndication but didn't tour outside of their small regional territory. Memphis didn't tour nor did they have national TV. I do count the AWA as a national brand. But those 3 merging their titles didn't last long and basically amounted to just an angle / story line. AWA pulled out of the merger pretty quick and farted around with it on Zybysco forever. So no to USWA / WCCW / Global from my perspective. I know these are all just arbitrary distinctions lol. But trying to explain my logic none the less.

Evs2f2FVEAUMXD6?format=jpg&name=large

Even though the belts are unified now, it's still possible for someone to win the NJC and beat Ibushi and decide to keep both titles representing the new IWGP World Championship. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:41 PM, D.Z said:

Even though the belts are unified now, it's still possible for someone to win the NJC and beat Ibushi and decide to keep both titles representing the new IWGP World Championship. 

I thought the new World belt was incoming by Sakura Genesis (where the NJC Winner gets their shot)

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

I thought the new World belt was incoming by Sakura Genesis (where the NJC Winner gets their shot)

Yes but few other wrestlers want to reject that if they win.