DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I think I've said this before, but the IWGP US title is perfect in it's own way. It's big and gaudy and slightly ridiculous, and isn't that exactly how you'd expect a foreign company to represent America?

It needs a corporate sponsor! Like McDonald's.. but since this is Japan I'd be ok with KFC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

maxresdefault.jpg

EtHUBPxXYAEP0cs?format=jpg&name=smallEdge vacating the World Heavyweight Championship on the post WrestleMania XXXVII Smackdown and retired due to injury. Amazing that Edge is back returning in the 2020 Royal Rumble match after nine years out.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

EIYEFoeXUAEJ5gk?format=jpg&name=large

EIYEExBW4AE2Ejw?format=jpg&name=large

Kenta Kobashi's in my top three wrestlers of all time with the second version of the GHC Heavyweight Championship. It had a hard act to follow the original, they've done a great job. There's two added details to it, I really appreciate. 1) The colour green associated with the legendary Mitsuharu Misawa (he's also in my top ten wrestlers of all time) and Pro Wrestling NOAH. 2) The round plate on the back is a smaller replica of the main plate from the first GHC Heavyweight Championship. Well done, Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Is that new, @D.Z? I was thinking the other day about the GHC Tag Team Championship, GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship and GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship are still the same years later where as we've had a second version of the GHC Heavyweight Championship.

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Is that new, @D.Z? I was thinking the other day about the GHC Tag Team Championship, GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship and GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship are still the same years later where as we've had a second version of the GHC Heavyweight Championship.

I think they dye the GHC Jr belt leather darker each year until it's black. 

Also GHC letters for the GHC tags got repainted in instead, before the repaint... the paint was falling off.

• Thanks 1