DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

17 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I feel the same way. Pretty much the second I saw it, I was like "that...is...awesome!"

It’s so close to perfect but the WWE logo is jarring. The IWGP just tips it as best looking belt in current circulation

Edited by Custos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Custos said:

It’s so close to perfect but the WWE is jarring. The IWGP just tips it as best looking belt in current circulation

IWGP belts have been glorious since that one that got kinda ruined by Brock from the get go. That was another one that I was in awe of since the first pic showed up. They may have only improved since then, but when it first showed up it was so next level that it was hard to imagine anything else living up to that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

IWGP belts have been glorious since that one that got kinda ruined by Brock from the get go. That was another one that I was in awe of since the first pic showed up. They may have only improved since then, but when it first showed up it was so next level that it was hard to imagine anything else living up to that.

c4146e_2ff7774ffff54fb08ca5d74df26b6315~

c4146e_c7889312ef2147189e0222bd7df89e1f~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a confession to make and please withhold from throwing virtual tomatoes if you can.  But I honestly liked the spinner belts.  I know looking back it was tacky as hell and I get the criticisms.  But fuck me if I wasn't loving the crap out of all that.  Heck, I still have the necklaces that had the spinners on them for when we'd watch wrestling all the time at a friend's house.  We all got a huge kick out of that and would take turns wearing the necklace spinning that damn thing.

So yes, spinner belts were a dumb idea that cheapened the title belt.  But I loved it anyway.

But to show that I haven't lost my mind yet I'll gladly the Winged Eagle any day over that.  If not that then at least make the world title as classy as their UK title is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I have a confession to make and please withhold from throwing virtual tomatoes if you can.  But I honestly liked the spinner belts.  I know looking back it was tacky as hell and I get the criticisms.  But fuck me if I wasn't loving the crap out of all that.  Heck, I still have the necklaces that had the spinners on them for when we'd watch wrestling all the time at a friend's house.  We all got a huge kick out of that and would take turns wearing the necklace spinning that damn thing.

So yes, spinner belts were a dumb idea that cheapened the title belt.  But I loved it anyway.

But to show that I haven't lost my mind yet I'll gladly the Winged Eagle any day over that.  If not that then at least make the world title as classy as their UK title is.

I liked the shape of the WWE Spinner Championship, carrying on with the eagle tradition and the gold used. The thing I hated the most about it was saying "Champ" instead of "Champion". The other thing was how the WWE logo spinned. That complaint stopped when the WWE logo was set in place. Still hate the "Champ" part of it.

With you on Winged Eagle and the WWE United Kingdom Championship, now the WWE NXT UK Championship.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I adore Big Gold but can see why it'd be overrated.  I was more of a Winged Eagle guy myself.  But you're right that it was perfect for Flair.  Almost made me wonder if they could have gotten away with a slight modification for other champions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...