DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

I never dug Big Gold because I thought there was way too much going on with it. I like this one. I'm sure TNT loves having their logo have lots of room to breathe, but less is more sometimes, especially with their other belts being pretty gaudy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Not to nitpick, but I think there is just too much empty space around the TNT logo. That's the part I don't like. 

I get what you mean, but it is the actual TNT logo, that blank circle and the font.

Blank Circle and the Font is a good band name and I'm shotgunning it.

Dibs.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I like the old one better. It's cheapo, but in a way that is cool. Maybe they should've just kept the silver but beefed it up? Not every belt has to be gold.

Word.  I really like differentiating belts by different design choices.  The red strap is a good start but keeping it silver would have been cool and maybe solidified it as a secondary belt. 

AEW should do something with their women's belt.  It's so small it reminds me of an old timey belt:

b6b6a616e7e467d7ca42a09c44c3e74c.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 3:44 AM, PetrolCB said:

They also should've gone with black leather. Red only looked good on the NWA TV title.

Silver on red is a great combo, it’s a bummer more belts didn’t have that look. 

If I was running a promotion the World Title’s would be gold, secondary titles like US or IC would be silver and any third tier title would be bronze. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

If I was running a promotion the World Title’s would be gold, secondary titles like US or IC would be silver and any third tier title would be bronze. 

I like that concept.

We kind of got close to that when they introduced the penny tags.

Edited by PetrolCB

EfUrqriXsAEH_lU?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now those are wrestling belts/championships. Well done, AEW. Will say the AEW Women's Championship needs to be bigger. There's things I prefer on the unfinished AEW TNT Championship to the final one and other way round.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

I like the penny tags.

Fun fact; they were originally on brown leather, but WWE rejected it. Not only that, they actually had dual nameplates. Which I think is kind of cool for tag belts, if you were to do it like the singles titles. Although, it may not look as good on other designs.

Here you go...

EVlZnNmXYAAkupM.jpg

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I like the penny tags.

Fun fact; they were originally on brown leather, but WWE rejected it. Not only that, they actually had dual nameplates. Which I think is kind of cool for tag belts, if you were to do it like the singles titles. Although, it may not look as good on other designs.

Here you go...

EVlZnNmXYAAkupM.jpg

I wasn't aware of this. Thank you. I like that as someone who didn't like the bronze WWE Tag Team Championship designs introduced by Tyson Kidd/Davey Boy Smith in 2010. 

• 2 weeks later...