DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

While I don't think the Triple Crown above is an all timer, it's really nice. Those old school AJPW belts were the absolute best, including the tag belts and the trophies (SPIKED GLOBES!). Really strong, unique designs that looked somewhat modern but traditional at the same time. Beautiful. I'll take those and the '70s and early '80s NWA world's (they forgot the fucking apostrophe) title over 'em all.

PWF World Tag Team Championship | Pro Wrestling | Fandom

The PWF world tag title and below are the NWA international tag titles that were unified in '88 as the double tag title with the above

NWA International Tag Team Champions | Professional wrestling, Pro ...

All Asia tag

AJPW All Asia Tag Team Championship | Pro Wrestling | Fandom

Spoiler for a gigantic photo of the Champion Carnival trophy, which has definitely seen better days:

Spoiler

Up close with the Champion Carnival trophy : ajpw

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

It kept those designs until the merger with Global Force in 2017.

Edit: Or fuck it, I was wrong on the World Belt.  The Tags were 10 years,  the X belt lasted 9 then they swapped designs like 4 times.

Edited by Raziel

I haven't seen this belt issue talked about much here. A couple years back I was listening to a Conrad podcast of some sort and they talked about how Savage had velcro on his WWF Title. It blew my mind. As a kid I always noticed how tight of a fit he got, but I never saw the actual velcro deal until I heard that podcast and watched Wrestlemania 4. The strap of the belt is significantly smaller than a normal title.

So fast forward to Rollins winning the Universal Title. He asked for velcro. For whatever reason Vince went all Vince with it and now EVERY WWE & NXT BELT are velco. They all look so cheap and fake with the snaps replaced by velcro. I hate it. And I also hate how no one ever seems to talk about it. Am I going crazy? Has no one really noticed? Or have people noticed and just don't find it as off-putting as I do?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I haven't seen this belt issue talked about much here. A couple years back I was listening to a Conrad podcast of some sort and they talked about how Savage had velcro on his WWF Title. It blew my mind. As a kid I always noticed how tight of a fit he got, but I never saw the actual velcro deal until I heard that podcast and watched Wrestlemania 4. The strap of the belt is significantly smaller than a normal title.

So fast forward to Rollins winning the Universal Title. He asked for velcro. For whatever reason Vince went all Vince with it and now EVERY WWE & NXT BELT are velco. They all look so cheap and fake with the snaps replaced by velcro. I hate it. And I also hate how no one ever seems to talk about it. Am I going crazy? Has no one really noticed? Or have people noticed and just don't find it as off-putting as I do?

I don't mind at all. But I watch a lot of boxing and velcro is the standard.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:39 AM, The Natural said:

EeHbh86UwAAo_o9?format=png&name=small

Sasha Banks can now be added to the recent trend of double champions.

I still wish they had something to fill in the background of those big WWE logo belts. But the brand is more important than anything else. I remember reading somewhere when the at the time new WWE title belt was revealed, it was done with the idea in mind when the champion is on a red carpet or talk show that big ass logo was front and center.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I don't mind at all. But I watch a lot of boxing and velcro is the standard.

The Velcro holds up better than the buttons and makes for a better fit.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:59 AM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I didn't know Randy Savage WWF Championship was a Velcro one. Thanks for that trivia. I knew all the WWE belts were changed to Velcro. Reminds me of the wrestling cardboard belts I used to make growing up using Velcro.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

I didn't know Randy Savage WWF Championship was a Velcro one. Thanks for that trivia. I knew all the WWE belts were changed to Velcro. Reminds me of the wrestling cardboard belts I used to make growing up using Velcro.

Before he got his velcro version, he altered the dual-plated first Winged Eagle. He trimmed the female snap side and punched out four new holes to get a tighter fit. One with more snap boxes, which would stay until it's end in 1998, came in late '88.

Here he is with the altered WMV version...

8T6Oijz.jpg

• Thanks 1