DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

3 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

whaat?? Is this true? Nobody owns the rights to The Big Gold Belt?

Nope. The original Crumrine design has a unique pattern, so that is copywritten, but you can legally make different versions of the belt using a similar "filigree". A lot of belt makers can make the BG if you wanted to order one. 

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:36 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

please don't suggest that AEW starts having their champions get custom belts.  ?

Mox shows up with a hubcap with a chain hanging off it

Jericho shows up with a gold bottle of champagne filled with Grey Goose

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 3:14 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Mox shows up with a hubcap with a chain hanging off it

Jericho shows up with a gold bottle of champagne filled with Grey Goose

Maybe Tony can buy the North American title from whomever owns it now. 

46 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Supposedly a new United States Championship belt is going to be debuted tonight on Raw. I've never liked the current design.

I'm honestly amazed that this design has been around for 18 years, while every other belt has gotten at least 1 change.

The Crocket era US Belt was probably the best one, followed by the WCW one.  I wasn't really big on the "World Title Cast but slightly smaller and Silver" one.

Crockett:

SKNWAUS1.jpg

WCW (the logo is changed to not give McDivitt an excuse even though Millican STILL makes belts for WWE):

DSC00085.JPG

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

The Crocket era US Belt was probably the best one, followed by the WCW one.  I wasn't really big on the "World Title Cast but slightly smaller and Silver" one.

Crockett:

SKNWAUS1.jpg

WCW (the logo is changed to not give McDivitt an excuse even though Millican STILL makes belts for WWE):

DSC00085.JPG

The WCW version of the US belt would have looked a lot better if it mimicked the NWA version with red behind the lettering.

59 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Which US belt.is the one Rick Rude had? That one was gorgeous.

The second one @Raziel posted. The better of the two with that design. It was a bit smaller but had more plates than the one from the later years.

That new US belt is the first in a newly revamped authentic design. Deep curve, thick plates, better detail, etc. Get a proper releather on that, and you've got a pretty spot on replica.

Its already on Shopzone if anyone cares.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm honestly amazed that this design has been around for 18 years, while every other belt has gotten at least 1 change.

There have been two different versions of that design, but the changes are minor, sort of like comparing the 5 versions of the Undisputed Title.

I was disappointed in this reveal, but now I'm realizing I've never really liked any design of that title.

17 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I was disappointed in this reveal, but now I'm realizing I've never really liked any design of that title.

They should've never had it and just kept the original 3 titles and okay, throw in the cruiserweight.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Thanks 1