DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

THAT EPISODE.  HOLY SHIT.  AMAZING.  SPECTACULAR.  CAPITAL LETTERS.

I'm not sure if it's my favorite episode, but goddamn if this wasn't one beautifully shot show.  That long shot of Jon battling through everyone in complete chaos.  Ramsay with a fantastic plan that would've worked if not for the last minute reinforcements.  Dany and Yara becoming bros.  DRACARYS. 

Ramsay was one of my favorites next to Tywin and Stannis, but what a satisfying end.  Considering his gift for gab, it's rather appropriate that the dogs went for the jaw.  in a sick way, I was kinda hoping to hear him gagging through his ruined throat like the woman he and his girl hunted down a few seasons ago.

The women in this universe are some cold motherfuckers.  Top that off with Brienne being great last episode and this might be a War of the Five Queens before too long.

I cannot wait for the season finale, but then I'll be sad because it'll be another year of waiting.  Sadly, winter is coming.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Presumably, the makng of the battle will be a great DVD extra next yeR. 

Or, indeed, today:

Okay, whomever had doubts about how the rest of the season would go after watching the first few episodes needs to apologize.

Oh, wait. That was me.

I AM SOOOOO SORRYYY~!!!

What a great fucking episode.  Bastardbowl was everything I hoped it would be.

The "meanwhile" nature of this season is the only thing that bothers me.   In previous seasons, some of the more interesting point plots were revealed via travel, but it seems that close to nothing happens on the road anymore.

30 minutes ago, CSC said:

That got one of the biggest reactions in my house last night.  "Holy Shit that little badass is out on the battle field?!"

Also, right at the end when Ramsey is shooting the arrows at Jon, the shield he picks up has the Mormont bear on it. So at least one of her 62 men made it inside Winterfell.

• Like 2

I think that was my all-time favorite episode of GoT. There's not much more to add right now, but I will say that it got dusty in the room when the flayed man banners fell and were replaced with the House Stark banners. A very, very, very long chapter was finally closed. I have long disliked most of the Starks for how ignorant they are, but it's practically become survival of the fittest. In no way would I ever expect Sansa to be one of the surviving Starks, but maybe she can be the best of them.

Just stay away from Littlefinger, girl. That dude is bad news.There's a far better person for you out there in the 7 kingdoms...

...and his name is Podrick.

• Like 1

Davos still has some murdering to do next week. This is a crucible for him. No murder and he loses me. 

But I'm looking forward to Tormund and Brienne reuniting as he may be a changed man after this. Like "let's start a homemade dream catcher store upstate" changed. 

I'm also happy that the littlefinger/Varys confrontation is back on track with one advising the soon-to-be queen of the seven kingdoms and the other"advising" the queen in the north. 

Serpentiiiiiiiiiiiine

how great would it be if after the first arrow he just stopped and waited for Ramsay to shoot another. The hopped to the left. Then ran a little then stopped and turned and watched for him to shoot another. Then hopped to the right. Then ran a little.  

Rasmay would just be a shitty ratchet and clank boss and he'd be soooo mad. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I did not fault Rickon because it did not matter.   I knew that Ramsay missed on purpose.

Sure, I knew he was going to die, just like Sansa said. But in the moment, I couldn't help but yell at the kid. Not a straight line! Don't make it easier for him!

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Anyone think the reason they wouldn't allow Rickon to talk is because his voice is changing due to puberty and what not?  I mean, they didn't give the kid a single line this season.

I'd think that was something you could fix in ADR if necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Throat said:

Sure, I knew he was going to die, just like Sansa said. But in the moment, I couldn't help but yell at the kid. Not a straight line! Don't make it easier for him!

Ramsay was a hunter and a gifted archer.  He'd have been able to skewer poor Rickon no matter what pattern the kid ran in.

All of those near misses were placed to fuck with Rickon and Jon.  I'm going to miss Ramsay, but his ass needed to go.  I weep dry tears for the passing of Lord Bolton.

• Like 1

Well the plot demands it, but an erratic target moving away from you is awfully hard to nail with something like a bow.  Compared to Ramsay's previous transgressions against common sense like fending off hardened Ironborn killers in his pajamas and orchestrating a perfectly undetectable synchronized explosive attack against Stannis Baratheon's army with the help of Ser Twenty Goodmen, Rikon's stupid predictable pattern was small potatoes.