DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

Guys can we stop fighting about whether Westerosian climate change is caused by the actions of White Walkers or is a natural process and just focus on creating Valeryan ore fracking jobs.

Expansion of Qyburncare is more important, I think.

• Like 3

WOOOOOO

It's amazing that they still didn't really let you know if it was Ghost or Mel.

Roose going down shocked the hell out of me.  O yeah... and GREYJOYS! AHHH!

Jamie confessing his sins with his hand on a dagger was a pretty bad ass scene as well. So many possibilities with Jamie going off book.

Lannisters lose their king at a wedding, the Boltons to a stab following an embrace, and the mother and young child of a Frey to someone betraying them at their home.

Red Wedding poetic justice doesn't fuck around.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BorneAgain said:

Lannisters lose their king at a wedding, the Boltons to a stab following an embrace, and the mother and young child of a Frey to someone betraying them at their home.

Red Wedding poetic justice doesn't fuck around.

What Ramsay did to Walda Frey and her son was not justice, and Ned Stark would not have allowed or accepted it.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

What Ramsay did to Walda Frey and her son was not justice, and Ned Stark would not have allowed or accepted it.

True, though it does point to the hubris of the likes of Roose Bolton and Walder Frey assuming what they did to the Stark family could never happen to theirs. 

Very excited for what's to come. We knew Snow would probably be back but I thought it'd get dragged out over the course of 5-6 episodes.  The only thing for me that didn't quite click was the conversation between Melisandre and Davos that led up to it.  Anyone else feel that was a little awkward in approach?

Great episode though.  I'm digging all the Bran stuff and the flashbacks.  Also, Tyrion getting along with dragons right?  That could be a big deal.

I dunno if Tyrion got along with them so much as they used him. Remember he said legend was they were very smart and there was a clear moment when the second dragon kinda offered him his collar when he saw Tyrion release the first one.

Guess what I'm saying is I'd never trust a dragon because sooner or later they're gonna go dragon (/Chris Rock)

The other highlight for me was the Bolton stuff. Since Joffery's demise the show was missing that one big "will somebody please  kill this asshole already?" uber-heel. Ramses is it. Hard to believe I used to watch that guy on Misfits and think he was such a sweet and likable dork when now he's so perfect as a complete psychopath. Just hope they don't blow the finish like they did with Joffrey and give somebody a satisfying kill.

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

BTW, his much still JT hate this? 

Actually I was very pleased with the episode and the conclusion. The storyline took a gigantic step towards bringing Meliandre's character in line with the novels and it was much appreciated.

The writers knocked one out of the park.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The only thing for me that didn't quite click was the conversation between Melisandre and Davos that led up to it.  Anyone else feel that was a little awkward in approach?

Not really.  I thought Melsandre was long overdue for repackaging from evil necromancer to a woman suffering from blind faith, coming to terms with the harm she's done in service of religion, and hopefully taking a step towards redemption.

She is now on her way to becoming the balanced character from the novels rather than some one dimensional stereotypical evil sorceress analog stand-in for the usual GoT sex kitten we expect secondary and tertiary female characters to be.

The nobility of Davos's heart served as a great catalyst for prefacing Melisandre's first selfless use of her power or rather her god's power via her as a vessel of belief..

I'm excited to see where this leads and am more inclined to accept undead Jon Snow as a force for good.

I was also stoked by the punking of Roose Bolton and Balon Grejoy although I did not expect two psychopaths to be my agents of poetic justice.  Leave it to Ramsay to do me a solid and then turn around and do the most reprehensible thing he's done since violating Sansa. 

I can see the practical reasons for killing Walda and the baby (ie. eliminate all potential political threats including the new heir) as well as just doing it out of pure hatred for the Bolton name, but letting dogs maul a newborn baby to death?  Really?

Tyrion & the dragons was fucking awesome but I am really ready for the testing of Arya to be over.  She needs to kill Ramsay for me before she totally gives into the Faceless Men creed and forgets the reason she wanted to become an assassin in the first place.

On 4/29/2016 at 2:10 PM, Roman said:

Listen. Snow zombies resurrecting the dead and massacring frontier settlements is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses; not from some horrible icy genocide. You can't expect to wield supreme power just ‘cause some popsicle with arms tried to tear your head off. I mean, if I went around saying I was a king just because some frostbitten weirdo had lobbed a snowball at me, they'd put me away!

Whose that then?

I dunno.  Must be a king.

Why?

He 'asn't got Ice all over 'im.

• Like 2

Yeah, Ramsey is a straight up psychopath in the literal sense. He's a lot smarter and more calculating than Joffery was, more in control, but every bit the monster.

2 hours ago, pipGofern said:

The other highlight for me was the Bolton stuff. Since Joffery's demise the show was missing that one big "will somebody please  kill this asshole already?" uber-heel. Ramses is it. Hard to believe I used to watch that guy on Misfits and think he was such a sweet and likable dork when now he's so perfect as a complete psychopath. Just hope they don't blow the finish like they did with Joffrey and give somebody a satisfying kill.

I was kinda hoping that Arya would put a dagger in Ramsay's spine but now that Ramsay has assumed control of Winterfell and plans to march on Castle Black, it looks undead Jon Snow or Melisandre may be the one to put down Mad Dog Ramsay and I am good with that.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, Ramsey is a straight up psychopath in the literal sense. He's a lot smarter and more calculating than Joffery was, more in control, but every bit the monster.

Joffrey wasn't a psychopath, Joffrey was a entitled asshole.  Everything he did, he did, because he had the power to do it.  If he was a backwater Northern bastard like Ramsey, we'd have never heard of him.  Ramsey was the illegitimate son of a minor Northern lord, who is now Warden of the North, because he was ruthless enough to do any and everything in his limited power to get ahead.  Joffrey couldn't get his dwarf uncle to stop slapping him around, Ramsey fed his step mother and brother to dogs, there are levels to this shit and Ramsey is on a higher motherfucking level.

• Like 3

Joff was a sadist. Yes, he abused power to accomplish it, but he was unquestionably not sane, and took pleasure in hurting people.

As for the higher level... Yeah, that's exactly what I just said. He's a psychopath who doesn't see other people as people, just obstacles. He's also a sadist, but much more focused. For the late king, it was just what he did. Ramsey specifically wants to break people who were above him. Joffrey just wanted to watch people suffer.

Okay, I have an unnatural love for how wonderfully incredible of an sociopathic dick Ramsey is.  He's easily my favorite character on the show. 

And no love for the Mountain slowly beginning the god damned avalanche of death that hopefully leads to him literally ripping religious Bernie Sanders in half?