DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

2 minutes ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

My good chap, Grey Worm, you really should apologize. 

Ha!

I would've just liked to have more than only Jon and Davos taking issue with what some of their fellow soldiers were doing. Someone else stopping one of their buddies from slitting a woman's throat.

Does this mean a good chunk of Jon's army no longer loves him and his bland, honorable ways and are now loyal to the woman who gave them the cue to slaughter innocents?

And does it no longer count as a war crime to kill surrendered soldiers if they start defending themselves after being attacked from behind? Good thing their crazy queen won't care about sorting that out to punish anyone.

The Bronn shot only hit because of Dany's hubris, figuring nothing the Lannister army had would hurt her dragons.

The 2nd time was a sneak attack and Drogon was able to dodge them even at that.

This time they were fully prepared, knew more or less where they would be and altered their gameplan.  Not sure what is so confusing about how they would be less effective this time.  

• Like 2

And here people thought Cersei was the big bad. The big bad was Mad Queen Daenerys all along. 

I can sort of accept Daenerys going mad. She wanted the Iron Throne too much. She believed it had to be her and only her. That's why she's not fit to rule. I mean she's mad. The things she believes aren't even really true. 

Fans just can't accept the character they've rooted for and invested eight years of their lives into inherited the madness from her father.

Granted, then you have David Weiss himself saying Daenerys is "not like her father. She's not a sadist." So as of right now, Benioff and Weiss have proven themselves to be unreliable creators and you can't really trust a word they say anymore. 

2 minutes ago, CSC said:

The Bronn shot only hit because of Dany's hubris, figuring nothing the Lannister army had would hurt her dragons.

The 2nd time was a sneak attack and Drogon was able to dodge them even at that.

This time they were fully prepared, knew more or less where they would be and altered their gameplan.  Not sure what is so confusing about how they would be less effective this time.  

I mean...if that's the case, they should've been able to land a shot on freaking sadistic and Mad Queen Daenerys in the sacking of King's Landing.

Guest The Magnificent 7
3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I guess, I think the one Bronn was on was a lot smaller and Dany knew what angles to take at King's Landing. 

@The Magnificent 7 I'd have to go back and watch but I believe Grey Worm landed the first blow on the surrendered Lannister army. Then the Lannisters started picking back up their swords to fight so the northern troops kinda had to get it on didn't they? 

Yeah that’s what happened. It was inevitable at that point that a full battle would erupt. If you’re a Lannister you would pick up your sword and if you’re a Notherner you don’t wait for dudes to challenge you to a square go at 3:15 behind the school. 

There were even civilians in the vicinity who most likely took up arms at that point ( I don’t feel like rewatching) unless Cersei’s administration was one of those grabber types. 

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

Big—and hilarious—if true.

After the 3rd episode of this season, I said to my wife(who is the reason why I watch this show) that my theory was that MArtin has ALL of them written, and is just waiting for this cultural phenomenon to shit the bed on the finish. Then he can look awesome when he dumps them out every year after this season ends. 

So I want this to be true so much.

So George is basically Cersei?

Let the show go to war with the fans, say you're sending your army (writing the books) when really you have 20,000 (2 books) sitting there with you at home.

Let the fans tear apart the show, making any changes necessary and release the books as the savior.

Fucking mad genius.  

Guest The Magnificent 7
10 minutes ago, Throat said:

Ha!

I would've just liked to have more than only Jon and Davos taking issue with what some of their fellow soldiers were doing. Someone else stopping one of their buddies from slitting a woman's throat.

Does this mean a good chunk of Jon's army no longer loves him and his bland, honorable ways and are now loyal to the woman who gave them the cue to slaughter innocents?

And does it no longer count as a war crime to kill surrendered soldiers if they start defending themselves after being attacked from behind? Good thing their crazy queen won't care about sorting that out to punish anyone.

You would have your head on a swivel most likely and be focused on self preservation with the chaos going around.   I don’t know if it’s a war crime or not but if dudes mean you harm and have the tools in hand it’s the old adage about better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. 

Obviously the raping and other stuff is separate. 

18 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Fans just can't accept the character they've rooted for and invested eight years of their lives into inherited the madness from her father.

Even if this wasn't Martin's ending,  I believe it's what Martin told them but even if his ending is different..  anyone expecting a happy ending was going to be in for a tough read. He just isn't going to deliver that. 

Guest The Magnificent 7
4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't remember it being specifically addressed, but I can't imagine Cersei allowed smallfolk to be armed inside King's Landing.

I imagine there were still some freedom loving people in King’s Landing, though. They wouldn’t let some royalty tell them they can’t have the means to defend their life and families while she rolls around with some 8 foot armed behemoth. 

I should probably stop. ?

That fucking horse. Dude. When Arya woke up and saw the horse, after all the fake outs, I just wanted her to really be dead. And I wanted her to go to this horse and touch it, and I wanted Sean Bean to step up and say "Get on." And he'd lead her into the afterlife as we cut to her scorched body under the rubble.

5 minutes ago, CSC said:

So George is basically Cersei?

Let the show go to war with the fans, say you're sending your army (writing the books) when really you have 20,000 (2 books) sitting there with you at home.

Let the fans tear apart the show, making any changes necessary and release the books as the savior.

Fucking mad genius.  

Exactly. And he's been eating so much shit from the fans for not producing books, that he gets to go on a  "Here's your goddamn stories you fucking savages. Worship me" tour.

• Haha 1

Guest The Magnificent 7
2 minutes ago, Throat said:

Brienne, Tormund and Ghost living happily together in the North is my dream spinoff.

At this point I want Ghost on the Iron Throne. 

5 minutes ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

I imagine there were still some freedom loving people in King’s Landing, though. They wouldn’t let some royalty tell them they can’t have the means to defend their life and families while she rolls around with some 8 foot armed behemoth. 

I should probably stop. ?

8 foot behemoth zombies are very good at enforcing the laws.

I've seen the "Martin secretly finished the books" theory awhile back, but I don't really buy it. I mean, it's possible, but both books in 8ish years? Seems highly unlikely.

And that's assuming he even manages to fit it into just two books. Remember, it was supposed to be a trilogy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The Martin finishing the book stuff does sorta feel like hardcore book fans trying to find the silver lining or some ray of hope in all of this. Wishful speculation.

Or the ravings of a man who wants to see the world burn.

• Like 1