DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Yeah, she's been offscreen since Tyrion shipped her off mid-second season. She's been namechecked a few times, but if you're a more casual viewer, it probably didn't even register because, I mean...all these goofy names sound the same. It's easily conceivable that some people forgot there was a daughter.

Forget about Tommen for a second. I wonder how many people were like ??????? when Oberyn mentioned that the Martells had Myrcella. THERE WAS A DAUGHER? That seems like forever ago.

There are like 300 characters we\re supposed to remember, seven of which are given enough time to be memorable.

EPISODE DOS.

Jesus Theon jerkin' the curtain with this episode and I figured I was in for a rough ride. I realized that all the best characters were in episode 1, which meant Ep 2 was going to be heavy on the jabronies. The pay off to the Theon scene was the tremendous edit from his face looking grossed out to Tyrion getting served the dongiest sausage in Westeros. Brilliant.

Only a snippet of Bronn and Jamie jamming it out like men. If anything deserved a montage it was these two hanging and banging. 

Back to Theon being a sissy. This time with a straight razor. I wish I could say Theon has a plan, but if he did it would be the worst fucking plan ever, so what's it matter.

Then I checked out. J-Brone Baratheon was sulking. His women are crazy. Then it was Bray Stark having a Follow The Buzzards vision. I don't give a fuck, tho. I'm holding out for Hodor to heel turn and bury these mutants alive.

Then Kane and Lita got married. Highlights include the following:

• Large Marge's brother getting the last laugh on Jamie Lannister, while also getting bedroom eyes from the new baddest Obe. He's the only cat getting action after this wedding, so he's clearly the winner.
  • Obe dropping bombs on Cersei who is clearly on her last legs here. She was losing it all last season and it's just getting worse.
  • Big Gal looking like a cast member from Star Trek TNG. Hot.
  • THE BIG FUCKING CAT HEAD THAT VOMITED UP MINIS.
  • Joffrey-cito going full rudo on the wolf head. 
  • Large Marge in general. PIE Y'ALL.

The show down between Joffrey and Tyrion was epic. Like Hogan and Rock shaking hands and they won't let go kind of thing. Except this time Hogan choked on his own vomit and died. The downside of this whole thing is Arya didn't get to do it. It's like if Ric Flair died before the Chi-City Rumble.

• Like 7

• Joffrey-cito going full rudo on the wolf head. 

I've said this before, of course, but I love how full on rasslin' heel the Midget Battle Royal was.  Something to offend EVERYBODY in attendance.  I'm pleased to see the DVDVR crowd notice and appreciate it for what it is.

• Like 5

Jae put this thread back on track. Great post. The Joffrey/Tyrion confrontation was glorious. Edge of my seat kind of stuff. I was half-expecting him to trot out Tyrion's "whore" and hang her in the street or something but what we got was a million billion times better...  In a weird way I will miss Joffrey but his demise was so awesome.

Jae put this thread back on track. Great post. The Joffrey/Tyrion confrontation was glorious. Edge of my seat kind of stuff. I was half-expecting him to trot out Tyrion's "whore" and hang her in the street or something but what we got was a million billion times better...  In a weird way I will miss Joffrey but his demise was so awesome.

Of course you -- we -- as wrestling fans would appreciate a well-written and well-played heel and miss his departure.   Sadly they can only get truly destroyed once. 

Good thing they made it count.

I honestly thought Shae was about to be put on display like those kids leading to Meereen.

There are like 300 characters we're supposed to remember, seven of which are given enough time to be memorable

I thought it was generally understood in the previous Unsullied thread that Cersei telling Tommen a bedtime story and preparing to poison the boy rather than have him killed or taken hostage by Stannis's army during the Battle of Blackwater was one of the most memorable events of Season 2?

Tommen's existence or his importance wasn't spoiled for anybody.  You just forgot who he was.

• Like 1

There are like 300 characters we're supposed to remember, seven of which are given enough time to be memorable

I thought it was generally understood in the previous Unsullied thread that Cersei telling Tommen a bedtime story and preparing to poison the boy rather than have him killed or taken hostage by Stannis's army during the Battle of Blackwater was one of the most memorable events of Season 2?

Tommen's existence or his importance wasn't spoiled for anybody.  You just forgot who he was.

Correct. They've done a terrible job in setting any of these pieces up.

So was this written by someone who read the books, or is it conjecture from someone who watches the show? Cause this would piss me off more so than any of the discussion in the last few pages in terms of giving away a major plot point. And I know the article warns about spoilers, but the way it's phrased still makes it sound like it's the theory of someone who was just paying close attention to the episode.

So was this written by someone who read the books, or is it conjecture from someone who watches the show? Cause this would piss me off more so than any of the discussion in the last few pages in terms of giving away a major plot point. And I know the article warns about spoilers, but the way it's phrased still makes it sound like it's the theory of someone who was just paying close attention to the episode.

It was written by someone who read the books.

I will post a spoiler in the Maester's thread giving you the whys, Clayton, but it will still be spoiler tagged for your safety.

I'm thinking no way this charge on Tyrion lasts. I hope not anyway. I know Cersei was in the heat of the moment, but it would be dumb as shit for Tyrion to poison Joffrey in front of everyone - and it's not like he knew he'd have to do all that cup business. Plus his gain would be minimal. 

I'm not sure who did it, the list of suspects is long - but I'm not really even sure I care. Honestly it seemed like Large Marge did it - but I don't know how that benefits her other than she doesn't have watch him put on his Pentoshi Gimp suit he had custom made for their honeymoon. Which...well that's reasons enough, right?

I made the mistake of listening to those assholes Ryan and Greenwald and now I think they may have spoiled who did it. They were discussing what the "internet buzz" is which I assume is probably true considering it takes two seconds to look the shit up. You know, for two fuckheads who haven't read the book and complain about spoilers nearly as much as I do.. you'd think they'd stay off the net.

Anyway, back to Tyrion. I think he'll be okay at least for now. Tywin might think he's worthless but he's also saved him in the past and maybe Jaime has some pull left also.. 

My biggest fear for Tyrion is for him to be corrupted somehow.  The deeper he sinks the more he may have to choose between saving his own ass by screwing some innocent over and maintaining his moral compass.

Martin is a cruel fucker and while killing Tyrion off would be cruel, as a fan favorite (in part because he is one of only two main characters with some familiar "us" sense of morality), even crueler would be to leave him alive but turn him, not even heel, but just greyer.

So, of course, that's probably what's going to happen.

Margaery Tyrell ran the London Marathon last weekend. Two hours 50.

Also, changing the casting of Joff's little brother from the kid who'd played him previously, to the kid who was one of the Lannister cousins Lord Karstark killed last year, really didn't help with reminding people who he was.

They could at least have had him have long hair like Tommen did before, instead of looking EXACTLY like the kid who died last year.