DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

2 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Oh geez... now I feel fuckin gross...

James

Sorry, dude.  I thought you knew that the Change.org petition suggesting that Marvel hire Gillan to star in Dr. Strange was drafted at 4chan.

Season 2, Episode 6: The Old Gods and the New

Robb, if you could keep it in your pants with regards to the nurse lady, that'd be great.

Making similar judgements based on future knowledge, Roose is sending his bastard to handle the occupation of Winterfell. I assume stuff like this is why Elvis shot so many televisions. 

Theon's not much of an executioner, here taking multiple hacks to get through one of the senior Winterfell dudes. I'm holding him responsible for this entire stupid situation.

Jon Snow really knows nothing. He's worse at this execution stuff than Theon, allowing Ygritte to easily escape his sword

I don't yet know who sacked Dany's house, leaving a trail of dead bodies and missing dragons. They'd be a strong contender for MVP this week if not for what's going on in King's Landing.

Stupid Joffrey responded to being nailed with a horse pie by ordering the death of every commoner around him. He's a worse king than Renly would have been.

MVP: Joffrey Baratheon

Season 2, Episode 7: A Man Without Honor

Jaime kills two men in a foolhardy attempt at jailbreak. This is just ugly, senseless stuff. Until he kills a Karstark, Jaime has far too much trade value to put him in any serious danger in Robb's camp. 

Pyat Pree is revealed as the dude who has Dany's dragons and is responsible for all those killed to get them. I'm not sure how much I care anymore. How long till she gets to Westeros?

Oh, wait, Theon just burned two children to conceal his incompetence. Easy MVP for this episode.

MVP: Theon Greyjoy

Overall Standings

• 1. Joffrey Baratheon (5)
  • 2. Viserys Targaryen (3)
  • 3. Tywin Lannister, Stannis Baratheon (2)
  • 3. Tie: Jaime Lannister,, Petyr Baelish, Cersei Lannister, Craster, Theon Greyjoy (1)

Season Standings:

• 1. Stannis Baratheon, Joffrey Baratheon (2)
  • Tie: Theon Greyjoy, Tywin Lannister, Craster (1)

Best proof yet that my system is flawed: That was somehow Theon's first MVP award. 

Eh, Theon's bad stuff came from incompetence and Daddy issues more than malice.  There's really only one more time I can think of ahead that would put him in MVP territory, and that's more his wake up moment than anything else.  Dude probably has the biggest bit of "punishment wasn't proportional to what he did" difference in the show, pretty much the opposite of when Littlefinger got got.

See, it's the problem with the round by round scoring system. If you were scoring by Pride rules, some people would be much higher up the score board. 

In Pride Fighting Championships, judges considered the entire fight as a whole, rather than scoring round by round, like the UFC does. So in a three rounder where one guy barely edges the first two rounds and then gets destroyed in the third, survives by the skin of his teeth, he'd win under UFC rules* and lose under Pride rules. Littlefinger might not win many episodes, but across the life of the show, he'd be up there.

* The old UFC rules, anyway. They give people two point rounds for domination now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know what scene still weirds me out? The one in season 7 where Dany burns alive Sam's family. 

1) Does Sam even know about this, or will he know about this? How would he feel?

2) That scene felt tonally uneven to me considering Sam's father was previously portrayed as an unrepentant and pretty vile asshole. Giving that scene to those characters came off as problematic. They made Sam's father and brother look downright heroic, noble and honorable for sacrificing themselves.