DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

The dracoliche was blasting plasma, it's a freakin flying tank with a giant military grade plasma torch. And it looked like it has a better turn radius and speed than the living dragons to boot.

The Night King is a revenant under an epic level geas, created through a fucked up genie wish.

7 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Bronn and Podrick "going for beers" is certainly a creative way of getting around the fact Headey and Flynn can't be in the same scene together. 

Oh shit, I didn't even catch that. We all sat there at first laughing at Bronn and Podrick heading out and then a sense of dread hit us. Not once did we even think of how much Headey can't stand Bronn. Whatever happened in that relationship must have been really bad.

So, Cersei is buying the Golden Company to bolster her ranks, thinking that's enough.

Little does she know, Theon is heading to the Iron Isles, and is gonna find out real quick that Euron isn't there.  Also, she doesn't know Dany has a mercinary company loyal to her sitting in Essos either.  Who wants to bet Euron doesn't know the difference and ends up bringing over the Second Sons instead of the Golden Company.

Also, about time Jaime face turned and realized that Cercei is fucking batshit beyond repair.

I still wouldn't count out Jaime going right back to Cersei, but then again, this episode did even more to further the Jaime is Azor Ahai theory. I'm starting to buy into Jaime being the PWWP than Jon and/or Dany. 

What a fucking episode though. I need to rewatch it a few times because there were so many great character moments in the first 20 minutes. Hell, the first 5 minutes of the show being about "cocks" cracked me up a ton. The ending was scary as hell. I sat there with my jaw on the floor and wound up having a nightmare about it. That shit never happens. 

By the way, the group I watched the finale with were trying to figure out if the Hound was referring to himself when talking to the Mountain, or if he was referring to Arya.

If you go with the exchange between Sandor and Brienne, it seems like there's a moment of pride in Sandor regarding Arya, and that he's not going to stop Arya from executing the list, which she may end up cleaning that up next season (I can totally see her being the one to body Cersei).  I'm guessing that even with her apparent massive level up, she's still not slaying the Mountain and Sandor will take care of that.

I'm wondering what happens when Sam and Bran drop the bomb of Jon's parentage, name, and birthright on him, considering what just occured.  I'm almost thinking Jon tells them both to keep it to themselves and everything remains as is.  I'm also now thinking that Jon doesn't live through the end.

Also, with the second "I can't have children" conversation in as many episodes, along with Jon's "maybe she wasn't the best source of information quip", if Dany's fighting this final battle knocked up now.

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

When this series is over there's going to be a montage of all of the off screen moments where everyone is goofing around. There's going to be some tears watching that. 

The Season 6 blooper reel is pretty choice just for the callback to Dinklage constantly botching one scene over and over.

That entire Arya/Sansa rivalry was awful. It was more about fooling the audience than fooling Littlefinger.

If Arya and Sansa were faking the rivalry the entire time, were they having these little playlets all around Winterfell every day hoping Littlefinger would listen in on a few of them? They were alone in Arya's room last week. Sure, Littlefinger could have had a cup to his ear on the other side of the door, but they didn't know that, and we sure didn't see it. We're just supposed to assume he was? Or that Bran told them he would be? How much did he tell them about Littlefinger and when did he tell it to them? Sansa was already aware of most of his crimes before Bran showed up. Any one of them would have been grounds for execution. Why wait to kill him now? Why bother with all this subterfuge except to trick us? Does Bran know that we're watching him?!?!

If the rivalry was real and they only teamed up against Littlefinger after he tipped his hand with the "let's guess Arya's motives" game, then how the hell could they get past the fact that Arya was legitimately threatening to murder her sister and wear her face last week? It took so little to make her want to kill Sansa. If Arya was stupid enough to believe that Sansa meant what she said in that letter, then it seems like anything could set her off again. It's like she was just looking for any reason to justify killing her. But now they're pals again. Sorry about that cutting your face off thing! Let's reminisce about dad!

A bunch of dumb choices made in service of surprising us with a twist. I'm happy with the results, but I wish they had put more thought into how they got to them.

• Like 3

Alternate alternate theory:

It was Tyrion's plan to leave Dario behind. It was Tyrion's plan to send both Jon and Jorah North of the Wall to grab a wight. It was Tyrion who tried to convince Dany to leave them there too die. Now Tyrion is looking darkly at the door while Dany fucks Jon.

He either is in love with her and is trying to eliminate his rivals, or he thinks sex makes Queens stupid.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RonL21 said:

I didn't think much of this tweet at first, but the parallels between the Cleganes and Taker/Kane are amazing. From big brother burning little brother to big bro being an undead zombie

Cleganebowl has been the booked wrestling feud in history, 7 years of build, keeping them apart the whole time.

The Hound's promo in the latest episode just built it up to the next level.  Short of a Heyman cameo on the Mountain's behalf next season I cant see how it gets any more epic.

Does undead Mountain side with the Walkers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Huh. I thought they were trying to build some tension for the 'It's a trap' feeling.

Yeah, I mean with all the money they spend on this damn show you telling me they can't hire one or two more doubles or CGI Jerome Flynn into a scene because two people don't get along? Right.

18 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

They keep subtly referring to there being a mole within Dany's group.

Either Friendzone or Tyrion I guess?

It doesn't track, but Varys and his Spiders have always been super duplicitous. 

I hope not. I've spent a few years telling someone "Nah, you can totally trust him. He's not a slimy predator like Littlefinger. Varys is on the side of the angels." I'd have to eat a metric fucktonne of crow. 

4 hours ago, Throat said:

That entire Arya/Sansa rivalry was awful. It was more about fooling the audience than fooling Littlefinger.

If Arya and Sansa were faking the rivalry the entire time, were they having these little playlets all around Winterfell every day hoping Littlefinger would listen in on a few of them? They were alone in Arya's room last week. Sure, Littlefinger could have had a cup to his ear on the other side of the door, but they didn't know that, and we sure didn't see it. We're just supposed to assume he was? Or that Bran told them he would be? How much did he tell them about Littlefinger and when did he tell it to them? Sansa was already aware of most of his crimes before Bran showed up. Any one of them would have been grounds for execution. Why wait to kill him now? Why bother with all this subterfuge except to trick us? Does Bran know that we're watching him?!?!

If the rivalry was real and they only teamed up against Littlefinger after he tipped his hand with the "let's guess Arya's motives" game, then how the hell could they get past the fact that Arya was legitimately threatening to murder her sister and wear her face last week? It took so little to make her want to kill Sansa. If Arya was stupid enough to believe that Sansa meant what she said in that letter, then it seems like anything could set her off again. It's like she was just looking for any reason to justify killing her. But now they're pals again. Sorry about that cutting your face off thing! Let's reminisce about dad!

A bunch of dumb choices made in service of surprising us with a twist. I'm happy with the results, but I wish they had put more thought into how they got to them.

Bolded for emphasis.  Yep.  Spot on.  If we're going to discuss Game Of Thrones in terms of wrestling conceits (and boy, are we!) then the Sansa/Arya anti-swerve was our Vince Russo angle for the year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Alternate alternate theory:

It was Tyrion's plan to leave Dario behind. It was Tyrion's plan to send both Jon and Jorah North of the Wall to grab a wight. It was Tyrion who tried to convince Dany to leave them there too die. Now Tyrion is looking darkly at the door while Dany fucks Jon.

He either is in love with her and is trying to eliminate his rivals, or he thinks sex makes Queens stupid.

After the show, the group I was with talked about this and my friend brought up Tyrion stressing out over the line of succession. My thought was either Tyrion got a little power hungry or it's the latter of what you said. I'm thinking it's more the latter and any lover of Dany's is going to distract her from breaking the wheel.

Since

- everything after "You're pregnant, aren't you?" was blocked by D&W from us seeing it in the Tyrion/Cersei meeting

- D&W have lately taken to hiding relevant information from us in exchange for BIG SWERVES (Arya/Sansa) instead of letting us see the entire conversation

- Cersei made a HUGE point about saying what she cares about is her child sitting on the throne

- Tyrion made a HUGE POINT about needing to lie sometimes

- Jon Snow made a HUGE POINT that tactical lying is always bad and jon snow CAN NEVER BE WRONG

- Tyrion keeps bringing up "what happens after Dany dies" and how he's thinking about it

- Tyrion seemed to want to do anything to prove he loves Cersei's children, even the unborn demon spawn in there now

It seems likely that Tyrion got Cersei to pretend to go along with Dany/Jon in exchange for some promise about her child and that a new Targaryaen baby might fuck that up but we won't know about it or get to enjoy Tyrion's anguish or reasoning in making this decision because it will only be revealed in a SHOCKING SWERVE at the last second!!!

• Like 3