DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

6 hours ago, keith_h said:

#BranknewKingsLandingwouldburn

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but none of this Bran stuff comes off like a good thing for Westeros' future. When he says, "Why do you think I came all this way," it's like Bran knew all of this would happen and play out this exact way.

Making Wikipedia your king doesn't seem like a way to forge peace. 

D7CHtVdW4AAYRnN.jpg:large

Insert image from URL

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 5

Latest notion bumping around the tubes: after the failure of the White Walkers, the Children of the Forest created the Three-Eyed Raven as a second attempt to retake the realms of men. And this time it worked. 

Now Bran/3ER is ruler for life (which could be centuries, based on the previous 3ER). And he's off to warg up Drogon. 

Every time I hear those assholes explain how someone just forgot some shit that is either a huge part of their culture or vital to their survival a baby dragon dies.

So going forward, who do you think fills out the more vital parts of the Westerosi government?  Currently we have Bronn as Master of Coin, Davos as Master of Ships, Sam as Grand Maester, Brienne as Lord Commander of the King's Guard, and Tyrion as Hand of the King.  We need a Master of Whispers, a Master of Laws, and to fill out the King's Guard with someone other than Pod.  

Master of Whispers  This should be Bronn, he has no business being the Master of Coin.  Can he even read?  So, let's put Wyman Manderley here as Master of Whispers.  If Bran decided to move his throne to the North this would be a no brainer.  He'd have to learn his way around King's Landing, but he's proven to be a great spymaster. 

Master of Laws  Bronze Yohn Royce, a just man who takes no shit.  He's perfect for the job.

Kings Guard:

• Pod
  • Lyle Crakehall...aka Strongboar.  He's comparable in size to The Mountain, but is "slower and less savage," according to Jaime.
  • Lyn Corbrey...Knight of the Vale who carries a Valyrian Steel sword named Lady Forlorn.  He's a hothead and maybe a little shady, but there are slim pickings these days
  • Garlan Tyrell...he wasn't in the show, which means he didn't die in the show.  He's a better warrior than his brother Loras, which is no easy feat.
  • Victorian Greyjoy...he's dumb as rocks, but that man can flat out fight
  • Archibald Yronwood...Barristan Selmy looked at him as "true steel" and if he's good enough for Barriston, he's good enough for me.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, supremebve said:

Every time I hear those assholes explain how someone just forgot some shit that is either a huge part of their culture or vital to their survival a baby dragon dies.

So going forward, who do you think fills out the more vital parts of the Westerosi government?  Currently we have Bronn as Master of Coin, Davos as Master of Ships, Sam as Grand Maester, Brienne as Lord Commander of the King's Guard, and Tyrion as Hand of the King.  We need a Master of Whispers, a Master of Laws, and to fill out the King's Guard with someone other than Pod.  

Master of Whispers  This should be Bronn, he has no business being the Master of Coin.  Can he even read?  So, let's put Wyman Manderley here as Master of Whispers.  If Bran decided to move his throne to the North this would be a no brainer.  He'd have to learn his way around King's Landing, but he's proven to be a great spymaster. 

Master of Laws  Bronze Yohn Royce, a just man who takes no shit.  He's perfect for the job.

Kings Guard:

• Pod
  • Lyle Crakehall...aka Strongboar.  He's comparable in size to The Mountain, but is "slower and less savage," according to Jaime.
  • Lyn Corbrey...Knight of the Vale who carries a Valyrian Steel sword named Lady Forlorn.  He's a hothead and maybe a little shady, but there are slim pickings these days
  • Garlan Tyrell...he wasn't in the show, which means he didn't die in the show.  He's a better warrior than his brother Loras, which is no easy feat.
  • Victorian Greyjoy...he's dumb as rocks, but that man can flat out fight
  • Archibald Yronwood...Barristan Selmy looked at him as "true steel" and if he's good enough for Barriston, he's good enough for me.

why does Bran need a Master of Whispers when no one could possibly do that job any better than Bran himself?

Honestly I anticipated he'd end up as the World's Greatest Spymaster to whoever ended up King, rather than the actual king [did suspect House Stark would end up in charge, but as more of a team in charge of everything than 3 individuals ruling separate chunks.  A Time For Wolves and what not.]

15 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’ve never understood the appeal of people mugging for “reaction videos.”

Reaction videos are the cancer of YouTube.

19 hours ago, supremebve said:

So going forward, who do you think fills out the more vital parts of the Westerosi government? 

9 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Why does Bran need a Master of Whispers when no one could possibly do that job any better than Bran himself?

Winner!  

I think that Bran will find some schnook to fill the chair but you don't need a spymaster when you are a fucking oracle.

Speaking of schnooks, I agree that Bronn should probably move to Master of Whispers In Name Only since he has an ear in every brothel in Westeros, but he should lave the heavy lifting to Bran and his long distance scrying talent..

TBH, I think Arya has quietly assumed the role of Master of Whispers and Bran just isn't telling anyone... which is wise since secrets should remain secret.

She's now gone off to seek adventure AND gather intelligence.  Given her training with the Faceless Men, Arya is the real best choice for the job.  Bronn can sit in the chair and Arya can handle the real clandestine shit.

I have no idea who I'd put in the Master of Laws chair, so I defer to the choice of Bronze Yohn Royce.

It would probably be smart of Bran to earn some goodwill and consolidate his power by offering a King's Guard slot to a Dothraki or to one of the Unsullied or at least honor both factions with protectorate status.  Making the Dothraki and the Unsullied wardens in their own jurisdictions will probably drown future aspirations of conquering the whole fucking continent on their Vengeance For The Mother Of Dragons tour.

Danerys broke the wheel when she became queen, so people bringing up that Jon should be the new Khal by right of combat are stupid.  It's pretty obvious that old traditions were set aside a long time ago once the Dothraki and the Unsullied unified under Danerys's banner and formed one of the more feared fighting forces in recent memory.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

In all these thousands of years, how has no one gone west of Westeros to map it out?

Because Westeros is flat.

All you'll see on a map is the usual HERE THERE BE KRAKEN~! stuff that marks the edge of the world.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

In all these thousands of years, how has no one gone west of Westeros to map it out?

No one in Europe sailed west until the end of the 15th Century, so it's not that far fetched.

EDIT: Well, maybe the Vikings depending on which theory you subscribe to, but they didn't exactly map it out that anyone south of them got it.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

No one in Europe sailed west until the end of the 15th Century, so it's not that far fetched.

Also, we're not talking about Earth, so it is possible that Westeros may very well be the only significant land mass on that particular planet.

Westeros = Pangea.

I may have read the Earthsea books one too many times as a lad, I think.

Edited by J.T.

sailing West of Westeros is specifically mentioned in passing as "impossible" a couple times in the books, i.e. everyone who has attempted it has never returned.

Euron claims he has made the impossible journey west and back when he shows up at the moot with a bunch of amazing and rare mystical swag but it's unclear whether he's telling the truth or not (he's probably lying but his warlocky aura and apparent insanity bookside makes it plausible to think he may actually have done it)

West of Westeros is advanced civilization that's been monitoring Westeros for some time now. They don't directly interfere, but they do allow tourism there. If people sail out that way and never come back, it's because they're captured by submarines or a superior navy.

That's right.

Westeros is Westworld.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I think that Bran will find some schnook to fill the chair but you don't need a spymaster when you are a fucking oracle.

Speaking of schnooks, I agree that Bronn should probably move to Master of Whispers In Name Only since he has an ear in every brothel in Westeros, but he should lave the heavy lifting to Bran and his long distance scrying talent..

TBH, I think Arya has quietly assumed the role of Master of Whispers and Bran just isn't telling anyone... which is wise since secrets should remain secret.

She's now gone off to seek adventure AND gather intelligence.  Given her training with the Faceless Men, Arya is the real best choice for the job.  Bronn can sit in the chair and Arya can handle the real clandestine shit.

Bran and Arya stop every conspiracy against the crown before it starts:  Bran sees it immediately by basically being a fly on every wall, and at the first sign of trouble he dispatches Arya the master of disguise, infiltration, and murder, to "deal with" the problem.  It's what I figured in the scenario I described above, I just figured they'd be doing it on Jon and/or Sansa's behalf instead of on their own.

• Like 2