DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I was pretty lukewarm on the finale.  Mercifully, they didn't do anything to dig their whole any deeper.  But they also didn't really come up with anything that saved the season, in my eyes.  The main characters all pretty much ended up where they were expected to, so that was...fine.  But the lousy path they took to get them there this season really sucked the emotion out of saying goodbye to these characters.  At least Weiss & Benioff can't hurt them anymore.

Well, that said...They were probably being cheeky when they came up with "Ask me again in 10 years" as their version of "I'll see you again in 25 years," but I'll be damned if that didn't sound like a threat to me.

I missed it or don't remember it and I'm watching MitB right now, but said the thing about seeing someone in 10 years? Was it Tyrion to Jon or Bran to Jon?

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Speaking of coin, who the fuck hired Bronn to be Master of Coin?  It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense that A) anyone would hire him to do it, or B) that he would agree to do it, if anybody even asked him.

Tyrion after his mid-series brain damage, obviously.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig H said:

I missed it or don't remember it and I'm watching MitB right now, but said the thing about seeing someone in 10 years? Was it Tyrion to Jon or Bran to Jon?

Tyrion to Jon

• Like 1

Just now, Craig H said:

Tyrion to Jon, after Bran was installed as king.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

One other thing... When Jon was sentenced to go back to I thought, well, what's the point of the Night's Watch now that the white walkers are gone and a bunch of Wildlings are living there anyway. So it was nice to see that the Wildlings were still there, but yeah, what's the point of Castle Black now?

Also, the wall got rebuilt really fast.

there isn't one [notice how everyone at Castle Black was a wildling?], it's a "wink wink" punishment that actually gives Jon what he wants while placating the people who want him dead until those people leave.

There is no Night's Watch and there is no threat for a Night's Watch to guard against; Jon is King-Beyond-The-Wall

• Like 5

Just now, odessasteps said:

I was hoping we were going to get a cameo from Gatiss.

who profits more from war than the banks? 

Yeah, Cersei racked up absurd amounts of debt these last few years.

And now Bronn is in charge of figuring out how to pay them back.

This kingdom is doomed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, EVA said:

This kingdom is doomed 

Not to get into politics, but I loved Obama and there were a couple people I didn't care for in his administration.

So there's always someone who doesn't quite fit in.

YAY CRONYISM

Just now, EVA said:

I meant it as a threat from Weiss & Benioff.  WE'LL BE BACK.

Bran: JON! We have to go back! It's about your kids!

Jon: my kids?! What... Do they grow up to be assholes or something?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

This kingdom is doomed 

Well, she paid off the huge debt dating back to Robert. It's only the debt she incurred to pay the Golden Company.

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I was hoping we were going to get a cameo from Gatiss.

who profits more from war than the banks? 

People that make weapons of war.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Bran: JON! We have to go back! It's about your kids!

Jon: my kids?! What... Do they grow up to be assholes or something?

Can they go back in time and save Ygritte? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it was only East Watch maybe that was crumbled?  I think the other sections of the wall were okay but I don't remember now.  I too was wondering what the point of the Night's Watch IS unless the walker threat is like Pennywise and it comes back every 27 years..  

As a joke I was kind of hoping the last shot of the series would be the Night King respawning somewhere in the north... post credits maybe. Just blue eyes shooting open and then the show cuts to black.

4 minutes ago, keith_h said:

As a joke I was kind of hoping the last shot of the series would be the Night King respawning somewhere in the north... post credits maybe. Just blue eyes shooting open and then the show cuts to black.

I was actually waiting for something like that when they were traveling the forest..  like some kind of Night King imagery or the symbol they use..    I didn't need it to happen but it would have warmed my heart. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe the baby from Craster still being alive as a toddler White Walker.

Wouldn't it have exploded with the rest of em when the Night King died?

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wouldn't it have exploded with the rest of em when the Night King died?

Presumably, yes. But, come on, what's scarier than a super powered toddler?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Presumably, yes. But, come on, what's scarier than a super powered toddler?

A super powered emotional teenager going through puberty?

Am I the only person who got the vibe that being King now is mostly a ceremonial position given who they gasve it to and the real power lies with the Small Council?

In the ned Jon Snow gets to be both Maester Aemmon and Mance Rayder rolled int oone

James

• Like 1