DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

There wasn't really a bloodline successor available. Jon, technically, but he didn't want it and if they tried he would've been executed, starting a war. Gendry probably has the next best claim, but, the Barateon line to the crown was broken.

Blood succession is always risky, because of Kings like Joffery or Aerys. At least the council of Lords has a chance to avoid that.

But why is the Lords choosing better? They can be equally if not more corrupt. The Lords choosing seems equally risky.

all the rapid cuts to and from Jon, Sansa, and Arya going their own separate ways, was really hoping they'd work one of Bran into that montage too.

With his eyes turning blue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

But why is the Lords choosing better? They can be equally if not more corrupt. The Lords choosing seems equally risky.

Because at least you need a consensus. It's not full proof, but it's better than Joffery just getting the crown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Because at least you need a consensus. It's not full proof, but it's better than Joffery just getting the crown. 

I'm not sure why Bran getting the crown is better for Westeros.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm not sure why Bran getting the crown is better for Westeros.

Better than... What? Tully? 

Again, he literally possesses wisdom no one else comes close to, was raised to be just and fair, and has no personal desire but wants to preserve humanity. In universe, who is a better choice after everything that happened?

• Thanks 1

Again, he literally possesses wisdom no one else comes close to, was raised to be just and fair, and has no personal desire but wants to preserve humanity. In universe, who is a better choice after everything that happened?

He doesn't have wisdom. He has knowledge. Knowledge doesn't not make one wise. He no longer even sees himself as a human being or the son of Ned Stark. He said all this himself. He has no sense of compassion.

He has yet to prove once in the last two seasons to have a strong sense of wisdom. 

The same people who okayed it also compared the people to that of dogs. 

Was that so fucking hard you numpty? 

kkqek3v5m9z21.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

I think they should have done more with Night King  

I think they should have done more discussing Dany and what her motivations were this season because her talk with Jon before he killed her was very insightful.  

They also should have done more with Varys and Tyrion discussing Dany also..  

Finally,  they should have done more with Dorne and the other kingdoms and what was going on with them during all this.  

Again,  if you make it 20 episodes instead of 13 they could have set it up nicely and did the same exact endings and everything would have felt much more complete. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My major gripe beyond "here's the leaders of the realm" as I was wondering where the fuck they've been during all this was that I don't believe Grey Worm would have let Tyrion or Jon live. 

Grey Worm has such a weird arc in this episode.  Goes from being merciless and taking no prisoners on behalf of Dany...to literally taking prisoners (of the people that conspired to kill Dany, no less!) and standing around, getting dunked on by literally everyone at that meeting.  And then, after becoming a genocidal asshole for two episodes, he gets a weirdly heroic ending, as the Unsullied are sailing off to protect Missendei's island.

Just all over the place.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think they should have done more with Night King  

I think they should have done more discussing Dany and what her motivations were this season because her talk with Jon before he killed her was very insightful.  

They also should have done more with Varys and Tyrion discussing Dany also..  

Finally,  they should have done more with Dorne and the other kingdoms and what was going on with them during all this.  

Again,  if you make it 20 episodes instead of 13 they could have set it up nicely and did the same exact endings and everything would have felt much more complete. 

15 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Think of who you're arguing with.

One other thing... When Jon was sentenced to go back to I thought, well, what's the point of the Night's Watch now that the white walkers are gone and a bunch of Wildlings are living there anyway. So it was nice to see that the Wildlings were still there, but yeah, what's the point of Castle Black now?

Also, the wall got rebuilt really fast.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

One other thing... When Jon was sentenced to go back to I thought, well, what's the point of the Night's Watch now that the white walkers are gone and a bunch of Wildlings are living there anyway. So it was nice to see that the Wildlings were still there, but yeah, what's the point of Castle Black now?

Also, the wall got rebuilt really fast.

Tyrion said the world needs a place for bastards and broken men.

I think it was only East Watch maybe that was crumbled?  I think the other sections of the wall were okay but I don't remember now.  I too was wondering what the point of the Night's Watch IS unless the walker threat is like Pennywise and it comes back every 27 years..  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it was only East Watch maybe that was crumbled?  I think the other sections of the wall were okay but I don't remember now.  I too was wondering what the point of the Night's Watch IS unless the walker threat is like Pennywise and it comes back every 27 years..  

I was kinda joking. I know it was only a section of the wall that was destroyed. 

I was pretty lukewarm on the finale.  Mercifully, they didn't do anything to dig their whole any deeper.  But they also didn't really come up with anything that saved the season, in my eyes.  The main characters all pretty much ended up where they were expected to, so that was...fine.  But the lousy path they took to get them there this season really sucked the emotion out of saying goodbye to these characters.  At least Weiss & Benioff can't hurt them anymore.

Well, that said...They were probably being cheeky when they came up with "Ask me again in 10 years" as their version of "I'll see you again in 25 years," but I'll be damned if that didn't sound like a threat to me.

• Thanks 1

The point is what everyone thought the point had been for the last few centuries... A place to dump criminals, bastards, etc.

If only someone in Westeros would realize there's coin to be made from running prisons.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If only someone in Westeros would realize there's coin to be made from running prisons.

Speaking of coin, who the fuck hired Bronn to be Master of Coin?  It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense that A) anyone would hire him to do it, or B) that he would agree to do it, if anybody even asked him.  His only experience with coin is earning it by killing folks and spending it on whores.

Edited by EVA
  • Thanks 1