DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

No, the theory is that the three heads of the Dragon all had mothers who died in childbirth. But the show didn't do the three heads of the Dragon prophecy, so never mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Throat said:

I don't believe they'll reveal that so late in the game, or I at least hope they won't, but it's why I said probably flammable.

They definitely won't do that now but they did tease it earlier in the series when Tyrion went into the dungeons and the chained dragons didn't instantly roast him. 

17 hours ago, EVA said:

Cersei hired someone to murder Jaime.  I’d say her love was a *little* bit conditional.

If she couldn't have him, nobody could.  I said her love was unconditional.  I never said that it wasn't the love of a woman who was batshit insane.

Some of y'all can probably relate because you assholes know that you find the crazy sexy and you hate yourself for it.  But you go back the cray cray babes EVERY CHANCE YOU GET~!

Some of you dudes riffing on Jaime for running back to Cersei could probably stand to have a woman in your life that inspired you to do dumb stuff like that.  Y'know, as long as it wasn't your sister and shit.

My wifey makes me mad enough to punch a hole in the wall sometimes but in the summer if she suggests that it would be nice if I made dinner on the grill, the grocery list includes charcoal, lighter fluid, and mother fucking steaks, guys.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mean...people can also find a mate that doesn't drive them crazy...

And doesn't inspire them to do dumb things, but to just be better in general....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I mean...people can also find a mate that doesn't drive them crazy...

And doesn't inspire them to do dumb things, but to just be better in general....

Men do dumb shit for the women they love.  it's in our DNA.

You don't just go out facing down dragon supported Dothraki cavalry or pushing kids out of tower windows for mother fuckers you just like and what guy doesn't enjoy the sight of his woman fawning over him after he's done performing some fang bearing alpha wolf bullshit?

Two things a guy loves to hear his woman say are, "Thank you,  baby," and "Let me get you another cold beverage."

The key is to be with a woman that is grateful for the dumb shit you do on her behalf and as Jaimie said, he and Cersei were hateful, incestuous peas in a pod. Like figuratively and literally cut from the same cloth.

Sketchy as their relationship was I imagine that Jaime and Cersei's spirits soared when they were together at the end. 

I would feel sorry for them if I didn't feel that it was poetic justice for them to be buried under the rubble of the kingdom their family ruined.  Also, incest is nasty.

The whole thing with Cersei and Jaime makes me wonder how Varys kept from making a snarky comeback when he discussed Dany and Jon's relationship with Tyrion.

"But she's his aunt."

"That's never stopped a Targaryen before, has it."

It didn't stop a Lannister either, eh Halfman?

Edited by J.T.

15 hours ago, AxB said:

The moral of the story is this: If you spend your leisure time getting drunk and shagging prostitutes, you will be a witty, ingenious and responsible person. However, if you then switch to a life of sobriety and voluntary celibacy, you will lose both wit and wisdom in a heartbeat.

The Golf discussion is in the Sports folder.  You are talking about Tiger Woods, right?

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She was also carrying their baby.

Was she?  I'm about to break this down.  She first claimed to be pregnant before Jon and his band of misfits went north to capture a wight.  So, she has to be at least a month or so pregnant, just to know that she's pregnant.  Travelling to the wall from Winterfell is about 650 miles, which is a long ass trip, especially in the winter.  If they walk 20 miles a day, which is generous in those conditions it would take 32.5 days just to get to The Wall.  So, then they have to wander around beyond the wall for who knows how long before they find anyone.  Then they fight a pretty big battle and have to walk back to the Wall, let's say that is another 30 days...remember the weather up there was absurdly bad.  So, they have to walk from The Wall, which is 650 miles north of Winterfell to King's Landing, which is about 1500 miles from Winterfell...that's 2150 miles in the winter.  Let them keep their 20 miles a day pace, which once again is generous in the winter, that is 107.5 days.  Then they have to walk back to Winterfell, that is a cool 75 days.  Then they have to call the banners and prepare for the battle of Winterfell which has to take a couple of months, because Winterfell is literally far as fuck from everything.  Give that another 60 days.  Now they fight the battle of Winterfell, have a party, and with a tired, battle-worn army, and march another 1500 miles back to King's Landing.  That 75 days has probably stretched out to 90, because they can't possibly travel as fast after the battle.  OK, let's add that up...395 days...that's over a year.  Not only has she not had a child, she hasn't gained a pound, and she's been binge drinking the entire time.  

43 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Was she?  I'm about to break this down.  She first claimed to be pregnant before Jon and his band of misfits went north to capture a wight.  So, she has to be at least a month or so pregnant, just to know that she's pregnant.  Travelling to the wall from Winterfell is about 650 miles, which is a long ass trip, especially in the winter.  If they walk 20 miles a day, which is generous in those conditions it would take 32.5 days just to get to The Wall.  So, then they have to wander around beyond the wall for who knows how long before they find anyone.  Then they fight a pretty big battle and have to walk back to the Wall, let's say that is another 30 days...remember the weather up there was absurdly bad.  So, they have to walk from The Wall, which is 650 miles north of Winterfell to King's Landing, which is about 1500 miles from Winterfell...that's 2150 miles in the winter.  Let them keep their 20 miles a day pace, which once again is generous in the winter, that is 107.5 days.  Then they have to walk back to Winterfell, that is a cool 75 days.  Then they have to call the banners and prepare for the battle of Winterfell which has to take a couple of months, because Winterfell is literally far as fuck from everything.  Give that another 60 days.  Now they fight the battle of Winterfell, have a party, and with a tired, battle-worn army, and march another 1500 miles back to King's Landing.  That 75 days has probably stretched out to 90, because they can't possibly travel as fast after the battle.  OK, let's add that up...395 days...that's over a year.  Not only has she not had a child, she hasn't gained a pound, and she's been binge drinking the entire time.  

tumblr_pbc8l4dSeB1qinla4o1_400.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

I don't know if @J.T. ever watched Oz, but I bet if he did, his favourite scene was the one where McManus was arguing with Ryan O'Reilly. "If you love someone, that means you want them to be happy. That doesn't mean you murder their fucking husband!" "Then maybe you've never really been in love"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I don't know if @J.T. ever watched Oz, but I bet if he did, his favourite scene was the one where McManus was arguing with Ryan O'Reilly. "If you love someone, that means you want them to be happy. That doesn't mean you murder their fucking husband!" "Then maybe you've never really been in love"

I did indeed watch Oz and I thought that was some great shit.

I really do think that the turning point in their inbred relationship came when Jaime failed to secure revenge for the poisoning of their daughter and Cersei had to take vengeance in her own hands... lips... whatever... 

I think that's when she lost her respect for the Kingslayer and that's when Euron cheerfully jumped in to fill the void.  

Cersei's a lunatic.  Euron's a lunatic.  Like Attracts Like.

Edited by J.T.

How differently would things have played out for Jaime if he hadn't happened to walk in on Sansa and Brienne talking about Cersei striking a major blow against the resistance? Was that all a setup on Sansa's part? She planted the seeds in the dumbest Lannister's mind that Cersei now had the advantage in the coming war AND that she'd die for what she had done. He would either try to kill her to prevent the war or try to save her. Either way, it gets him out of Sansa's home and likely leads to his death. As she said a few episodes ago "Men do stupid things for women. They're easily manipulated." Her teacher would've been proud.

tenor.gif

As always, I could be giving the writers too much credit.

6 minutes ago, Throat said:

How differently would things have played out for Jaime if he hadn't happened to walk in on Sansa and Brienne talking about Cersei striking a major blow against the resistance? Was that all a setup on Sansa's part? She planted the seeds in the dumbest Lannister's mind that Cersei now had the advantage in the coming war AND that she'd die for what she had done. He would either try to kill her to prevent the war or try to save her. Either way, it gets him out of Sansa's home and likely leads to his death. As she said a few episodes ago "Men do stupid things for women. They're easily manipulated." Her teacher would've been proud.

tenor.gif

As always, I could be giving the writers too much credit.

Yeah, but what does Sansa actually gain from that?  Sansa trusts Arya, Bran, Brienne, and Tyrion more than anyone else.  Jaime gets the cosign from Brienne and Tyrion, Arya doesn't have any reason to dislike him, and Bran has forgiven him.  She'd be sending away one of the few competent people around to defend Winterfell if shit goes bad.

21 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I thought when he made fun of Varys for not having testicles we were going to get that Tyrion back....then he hid in a basement like a punk.

That whole thing was so confusing.

So he has his conversation with Sansa, gets the dagger and ... we never see it again?

I thought for sure at that point he was going to be a goner trying to defend the women and children from walkers.

edit: Oh God ... he's totally taking out Dany with that dagger and after he does Jon is gonna be all "I KNOW THAT DAGGAH"

Edited by CSC

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Yeah, but what does Sansa actually gain from that?  Sansa trusts Arya, Bran, Brienne, and Tyrion more than anyone else.  Jaime gets the cosign from Brienne and Tyrion, Arya doesn't have any reason to dislike him, and Bran has forgiven him.  She'd be sending away one of the few competent people around to defend Winterfell if shit goes bad.

Could've been an easy Cersei kill. Maybe it was also a test of his devotion to her friend Brienne. I'm sure Sansa values her opinion, but enough to forget everything Jaime had done? Tyrion vouching for his brother and only friend in the world doesn't mean much, and his suggestions have been pretty awful for a long time. Bran didn't so much forgive him as move beyond human concerns like holding grudges. If I were her, I'd be uneasy about having a Lannister, especially the one who was closest to Cersei, staying in Winterfell with so much of their forces away at war. He left Cersei and came to Winterfell to fulfill his promise to fight for the living. With that fulfilled, she'd have to be concerned about what his future plans were.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Throat said:

Could've been an easy Cersei kill. Maybe it was also a test of his devotion to her friend Brienne. I'm sure Sansa values her opinion, but enough to forget everything Jaime had done? Tyrion vouching for his brother and only friend in the world doesn't mean much, and his suggestions have been pretty awful for a long time. Bran didn't so much forgive him as move beyond human concerns like holding grudges. If I were her, I'd be uneasy about having a Lannister, especially the one who was closest to Cersei, staying in Winterfell with so much of their forces away at war. He left Cersei and came to Winterfell to fulfill his promise to fight for the living. With that fulfilled, she'd have to be concerned about what his future plans were.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been satisfied with Jaime's arc unless he either lived happily ever after with Brienne, or sacrificed himself to rid the world of Cersei, so maybe I'm close-minded to anything other than that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been satisfied with Jaime's arc unless he either lived happily ever after with Brienne, or sacrificed himself to rid the world of Cersei, so maybe I'm close-minded to anything other than that.

I had hoped for the same.

15 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I always imagined Jaime would strangle Cersei to death and then kill himself as his final act of redemption.

Yeah, something like that. Or she would poison him and he would kill her before it took effect. 

• Like 1

Subverting expectations is a big part of what made this show so fun to watch throughout its run, but what's the harm in doing the expected every now and then? Especially for a character who had been on such a long redemption arc. His end was unexpected, but I wasn't shocked and amazed. It just bummed me out.

I did really like his final scene with Tyrion, though. I wish he didn't say he never cared for the innocents, considering he saved them from the Mad King, but maybe he was just putting up a villainous front so his decision to return to his evil sister didn't seem so dumb.

At one point during the destruction of King's Landing, I had a flashback to the execution of Ned Stark.  In re-watching, I get it.  There was a moment right after Dany went ham and Grey Worm followed when the camera was on Jon and he was clearly like "WTF, I was honorable and whatnot, yet everything went to hell?" At that moment, the sound of everything around Jon went mute and all you could hear was his breathing.  Looking back at Ned's execution, the exact same thing happened.  It's like that's the moment when each Stark man realized that being true to his word led to a complete clusterfuck. 

• Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/quiz/2015/apr/11/game-of-thrones-quiz

80 question quiz. I got 79 right, and the one I got wrong I swear the quizmaster was mistaken

Spoiler

How many Kings/ Queens of Westeros has Varys served. I said 5, meaning Aerys, Robert, Joffrey, Tommen and Daenerys. They thought the correct answer was 4, not including Daenerys. 

• Thanks 1