DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

9 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Night King Should've Won

This is all I've ever wanted and it makes the most sense. Everyone is shit, might as well have a frozen zombie horde kill them all and wipe their memory from the universe. I don't see how this perspective isn't on brand with what the show has been doing all along.

At this rate we'll probably get fucking shitbird Bran ruling the kingdom. The worst.

• Like 1

My prediction for next week: Daenerys accuses Jon and Tyrion of treason, Arya tries to save them but gets eaten by Drogon, Dany decides this is all Sansa's fault and flies north to burn Winterfell, and then Bran wargs Drogon, allowing Ser Brienne the Dragonslayer to save the day. Then they find some dragon eggs and the series ends with Sansa with an "Oh shit" expression on her face.

My only prediction for the series finale is that Jon Snow winds up saying at some point, fuck all this boolsheet, and heads out to be with the free folk, which is where he really belongs. He and Tormund have a big embrace, Tormund is happy as hell, and that's how his story ends. How it ends for anyone else, I have no idea. I just want Jon to be back with the free folk at some point.

I'm also hoping for Drogon warging. I don't know how the hell else they could stand a chance against Dany, plus it gives Bran something to do.

I'll bet Jon gets sentenced to death and survives the dragon's flames. Although Tyrion would get sentenced too and he's probably flammable...

I don't think Arya will die. I think Sandor's fatherly advice about not being consumed by revenge was meant to set her up to accept that sticking with Gendry ain't such a bad idea. They can work it out. Maybe split your time between being a lady and an assassin. Rule the Stormlands with him on weekdays and kill people on weekends. Just don't be all murder all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I agree with the guys from The Ringer.  Not a spoiler or anything. I think the final shot will be something with Jon Snow out in the wild away from it all living a simple man's life. 

I don't listen to the Ringer, but yeah, that's kind of my thinking. I would be happy if the final shot was where Jon took Dany where that waterfall was at, but Jon is there with Tormund and other wildlings.

16 minutes ago, Throat said:

I'm also hoping for Drogon warging. I don't know how the hell else they could stand a chance against Dany, plus it gives Bran something to do.

I wonder if we get a Julius Caesar ending for her? She's near invincible while on a dragon... but she's not always on a dragon, and she has no real martial skill otherwise. I could see a scene where she berates Jon and Tyrion for treason, makes demands, and slowly realizes everyone in the room is against her: Cue the mass stabbing, et tu, Jon? It would be smart to keep loyal Unsullied and Dothraki around her at all times to prevent this; but no one here is smart, so.

Edited by Beech27

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't listen to the Ringer, but yeah, that's kind of my thinking. I would be happy if the final shot was where Jon took Dany where that waterfall was at, but Jon is there with Tormund and other wildlings.

Can they magically resurrect ygritte? 

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If after next week you still have interest in a high-end Sunday night drama where everybody is shit, you can always catch up on Billions.

Sundays have been awesome because I'll watch GoT and then I'll watch Barry and Billions right after GoT. From episode 3 on, it's been the best palette cleanser and each are better than GoT at the moment.

Although Bonnie wanting to bone Dollar Bill is extremely far fetched.

Apropos of nothing, I may miss Cindy's water-coolering after each episode with her mom over the phone most of all. Last season she was on the phone as I came in with the dog... I wasn't paying attention, but it sounded like they were talking about their cousins. And then all of a sudden Cindy blurts out "And they're FUCKING each other!" and I choked half to death. ?

• Haha 2

So we're saying Jon Snow's story will ultimately be the fantasy fulfillment of Americans who say they'll move to Canada when the person they don't want to win an election wins.

Awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sundays have been awesome because I'll watch GoT and then I'll watch Barry and Billions right after GoT. From episode 3 on, it's been the best palette cleanser and each are better than GoT at the moment.

Although Bonnie wanting to bone Dollar Bill is extremely far fetched.

We've also had Veep the last few weeks. It's been an impressive bunch of content. While everyone's wallowing in misery over their pet nitpicks on Thrones, the people who know what's up are watching Dollar Bill attempt to commit chicken genocide to drive up the price of poultry. 

And Bonnie wanting to bone down with Dollar Bill isn't that far fetched. Like Kramer, he has the kavorka. I hope he starts a third family. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Dollar Bill starting a third family treads too close to Big Love, but I would be oddly for it. What I really want is to see what Bill's closet looks like at each house. I just imagine it's nothing but jeans, polos, and puffy vests like he's some kind of a weirdo serial killer.

And this all probably belongs in the TV thread, but if I had one complaint, or two complaints, it's that we again had to deal with more marriage drama and there wasn't enough Mafee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Dollar Bill starting a third family treads too close to Big Love, but I would be oddly for it. What I really want is to see what Bill's closet looks like at each house. I just imagine it's nothing but jeans, polos, and puffy vests like he's some kind of a weirdo serial killer.

And this all probably belongs in the TV thread, but if I had one complaint, or two complaints, it's that we again had to deal with more marriage drama and there wasn't enough Mafee.

Yeah, but the episode that had the most Mafee was a dumb as rocks Rocky parody. Zero complaints. Amazing show. 

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

My only prediction for the series finale is that Jon Snow winds up saying at some point, fuck all this boolsheet, and heads out to be with the free folk, which is where he really belongs. He and Tormund have a big embrace, Tormund is happy as hell, and that's how his story ends. How it ends for anyone else, I have no idea. I just want Jon to be back with the free folk at some point.

Spoilers for another show:

So basically, you're saying that Game of Thrones is going to rip off The Terror.

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I agree with the guys from The Ringer.  Not a spoiler or anything. I think the final shot will be something with Jon Snow out in the wild away from it all living a simple man's life. 

It's much more likely he's on the throne and miserable because someone has to do it. 

The hysteria the fans are going through right now with Game of Thrones makes me glad I never got into A Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm just glad The Witcher book series is over and done with. The story is essentially complete. I'm not sure if Lauren Hissrich is up to the task, but I think if they play their cards right, they can surpass Game of Thrones.

Edited by TheVileOne

I can't believe it's almost over.  Game of Thrones has to be the biggest show of the past 25 years right?  It's amazing how many people know the character names and House names etc. and I mean even beyond the main characters. I've never been able to sit around at work and talk about a show like this.