DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

1 minute ago, cwoy2j said:

Sweet Robyn wins the throne. Breast milk for everyone!

In the words of "The Man who Came to Dinner", "Excuse me, I may vomit!"

1 minute ago, cwoy2j said:

Euron was the one who actually won the only victory for the Greyjoys. He burned the Lannister fleet. 

Arya = Ninja

Euron = Pirate

You just don't fuck with pirates or ninjas, you just don't...

• Like 2

If the leaks and spoilers I've read are true, holy shit, the fandom reaction is going to be like Last Jedi with an Infinity Gauntlet. It will be like Lost hybridized with Honey Boo Boo and "IT WAS ME AUSTIN!"

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

And you left out naval genius Stannis Baratheon... Baylon Greyjoy was a complete idiot, Euron is actually dangerous and knows how to win battles. Baylon knew how to attack unprotected villages and merchant ships when he could get away with it.

Euron is dangerous because he has grasped the value of intimidation and reputation as well as tactics.

Sun Tzu would be proud. 

Euron knows that frightened men either make poor decisions or they don't make good decisions quickly enough and he also knows that the fear of his enemies also inspires his own men to fight harder.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, OSJ said:

This presupposes that Robyn is smart enough to actually find King's Landing. I remain unconvinced of this.

tell him how many suckable titties are available in the brothels.  He'll find the way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm just being cautious since there are some hardcore fans here. 

And people who love to post spoilers (even hidden).

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm just being cautious since there are some hardcore fans here. 

I think it's better to be on the cautious side of things when it comes to spoilers. I appreciate your tact Ser.

• Like 1

I think we need a little levity because I get the feeling that the next couple of episodes are gonna be heavy. If there's a funnier moment from this season than this, I'd like to see it.

lUEeB9B.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

For the net is dark, and full of spoilers

I watched a couple of episodes of that on AP while waiting for tonight's episode of Killing Eve to air.

Well fuck if I know who's winning now.

I would like to change my pick to Gendry though, as it's apparent that everyone's gonna die now.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Euron is dangerous because he has grasped the value of intimidation and reputation as well as tactics.

Sun Tzu would be proud. 

Euron knows that frightened men either make poor decisions or they don't make good decisions quickly enough and he also knows that the fear of his enemies also inspires his own me to fight harder.

Bro, I suspect that the number of people here who have read what are allegedly the writings of Sun Tzu can be counted on the fingers of one hand...

Tactics will win battles, reputation and intimidation will win wars.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well fuck if I know who's winning now.

I would like to change my pick to Gendry though, as it's apparent that everyone's gonna die now.

I for one could certainly dig a spin-off series of Arya and the Hound just riding around killing people and insulting each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Bro, I suspect that the number of people here who have read what are allegedly the writings of Sun Tzu can be counted on the fingers of one hand...

Tactics will win battles, reputation and intimidation will win wars.

Indeed!

Man, the characters I really care about are dying and their bodies are piling up to the rafters.

Fuck this fucking show.

The last scene nearly broke my heart.  This room is so fucking dusty.

Oof.  So they spent the first half of this season bagging on Tyrion for being a dope to think he could reason with Cersei...and then they write him another big scene based on Tyrion trying to reason with Cersei, only to fail again?  Do Weiss & Benioff not watch their own show?  Or are they purposely trying to bury George's favorite character on their way out of the territory?

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Oof.  So they spent the first half of this season bagging on Tyrion for being a dope to think he could reason with Cersei...and then they write him another big scene based on Tyrion trying to reason with Cersei, only to fail again?  Do Weiss & Benioff watch their own show?

Is it possible that Tyrion driving Cersei to kill Missandre was part of his and Varys's plan to push Dany over the edge?

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

Oof.  So they spent the first half of this season bagging on Tyrion for being a dope to think he could reason with Cersei...and then they write him another big scene based on Tyrion trying to reason with Cersei, only to fail again?  Do Weiss & Benioff watch their own show?

It's his sister.  Despite how she feels about him, he doesn't want to write off family because in his heart of hearts, Tyrion is a decent man.

Cersei has got to fucking go, though.  My girl, Arya, will handle that shit..... I hope..

Edited by J.T.

Tyrion has been a shit adviser for the longest.  I liked the Varys comeback,  he's the one talking sense around here.  Dany looking like the Mad Queen.   Jon thinks oh, can't we all just get along??  Nope. 

Someone had to drop the info to Euron where Dany would be.  I'm interested if maybe Varys had something to do with that.  

I hated to see Missandei go but it's war. 

The lesson here is that humanity beat death.  They survived and were given a second chance to start over and you know what they did?  They fucked it all up again.