DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

1 hour ago, AA484 said:

I thought Smalljon told Ramsay that Greatjon was dead when he delivered Rickon to him?

Yeah, Greatjon is dead. Smalljon told Ramsay something like, "I'd have killed him myself if he hadn't died on his own."

3 hours ago, AxB said:

If it had been Maisie Williams in any other show/ movie it would have been less of a problem. It's Maisie as Arya that's the issue. Plenty of child actors have grown up to be famed for their attractiveness, but no matter how good Christina Ricci looks now, you'd never fancy Wednesday Addams. For example.Although Natalie Portman in Leon and Beautiful Girls was scripted to be well dodgy. I don't think she realised at the time.

I would say Wednesday Addams is liklely one of the original goth girl archetypes that people of a certain age probably have in their "when the character grows up" fantasy list, along with Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice. 

1 minute ago, AxB said:

That's second wave Goth. The original Goth Girl archetypes are Siouxsie Sioux and Patricia Morrison.

I meant OG Wednesday Addams (TV version), but goth culture is not in my wheelhouse. ?

• Like 1

Wasn't the Addams Family originally a newspaper cartoon strip in like the 1920s? The Munsters was created for TV, I think 

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Wasn't the Addams Family originally a newspaper cartoon strip in like the 1920s? The Munsters was created for TV, I think 

Strip started in the late 30s, probably peaked in the 50s and then adapted for TV in the mid 60s. 

John Astin was on Gilbert's pod recently and discussed how the show was put together. 

I was talking to someone not too long ago about how I love the two Adams Family movies, but there's always this weird tickle in the back of my mind watching them now where I remember how attracted 12 year old me was to Wednesday and now she's just a little kid. Like, there's no attraction anymore, but just a really weird memory.

So, who survives for another episode at least?

Lives: Dany, Jon Snow, Jaime, Arya, Sansa, Hound, Tyrion, Bran

Dies: Literally everyone else. Specifically Grey Worm and Brienne because, as mentioned in this thread, one dude did the whole 'when this is over' shit which means he's fucked and the other dude had their happiest moment on a show where no-one gets happy moments.

I don't think the death count is going to be that high. Like 4 named characters.

We still have 4 and half hours after this episode. Can't fill it with Jon and Dany talking about who  left the toilet seat up and Bran telling everyone toilet seats are only temporary and that stardust memories are forever. Also if you just start killing everyone you won't have time to feel it. 

I think Two support characters die. Probably Old Spice and Friend Zone. Maybe Greyworm too.

But the major death is going to be Bran. I think the zombies kill Bran and then walk away like Pacino in Godfather. Head south. and then who ever is left heads south to follow.

The climax is Cersei's army fights the zombies, the good guys from the north show up. Once King Zombie dies we go straight into musical chairs for the iron throne.

Just now, Raziel said:

What the fuck do they even have left to go after King's Landing with, rock and sticks?

Arya. By God. Stark.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's also a pretty low Main/Named character body count for this.  

I did not see Arya as the one to take down the Night King until Melessandre pretty much said it was gonna be her.  Now if Arya DOESN'T give Cersei a Glasgow Smile to wrap this up, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Just now, Raziel said:

That's also a pretty low Main/Named character body count for this.  

I did not see Arya as the one to take down the Night King until Melessandre pretty much said it was gonna be her.  Now if Arya DOESN'T give Cersei a Glasgow Smile to wrap this up, I'm gonna be disappointed.

I think it has to be one of Cersei's brothers, more likely Jaime. Arya got her big kill.

Just now, EVA said:

So after all the build up, the Battle of Winterfell turned out to be a borderline incoherent mess.  Easily the worst big battle episode they’ve done, overall.  Great finish, tho.

I thought a lot of individual scenes worked really well, and others just couldn't. The darkness and the snowstorm and every group dressed the same... But Theon got the exact scene he needed, the finish was tremendous, and there were several good character moments.

I assume next week we breathe before the next big battle

15 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

What do we say to the God of Death?

We say "Not today."

The Hound SEZ: "Not today, you fucking cunt!"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

And both when Bran told Theon he was home and that he was a good man, I teared up.

Pour one out for Theon Greyjoy.

Pour one hundred out for Theon Greyjoy.

Dolorous Edd probably had money on himself to be both the first named character to die and to be the most ignominiously chumped.

Surprised his last words weren't "fucking figures"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1