DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

On 4/15/2019 at 5:19 PM, cwoy2j said:

Jaime has Widow's Wail. Olenna made mention of it during the scene where Jaime gave her poison.

OK, replacement theory. Zombie Hodor shows up.

Ugh as soon as Old Spice and Company said the zombies would be there tomorrow morning, I KNEW they were going to pad that shit out for 30 minutes. Excruciating.

• Like 1

I don't care about the padding, that was tying a bow on a lot of stories that had been running for 8 years.  Say our possible farewells to the characters that are left, because we don't have a fucking clue who lives through the next 90 minutes.

• Like 5

Well, this meme certainly panned out. Arya definitely got the weapon she asked for ? . LOL at HBO reminding everyone that Arya was 18 before this episode aired. Thanks HBO. We really needed to know that.

xbbgllpy8cs21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

All joking aside, I think this is the first episode where anyone really mentioned what the Night King is after. This itself I believe is a diversion from the books because I recall the White Walkers aren't supposed to turn out this way and the Night King was an invention for the series.

Putting all the women, children and civilians in the crypt sounds foolish. It sounds like they would be sitting ducks there. 

Also, the other White Walkers look like they have those dragon killing javelins, and the Night King didn't look like he was among them at the end.

Edited by TheVileOne

I'm not really that annoyed with the Show doing stuff the Books really didn't, because let's be real, Martin ain't finishing the books, so this is the story we get.

Brienne getting knighted is a top ten scene in the entire series. I was teary eyed.

I knew the battle wasn't starting on this episode just because of episode length. I would've liked a little more with Arya and The Hound, but otherwise I thought it was a near perfect episode. Reminded me a lot of the penultimate episode of Buffy, with the same "everyone knows they are probably going to die in battle tomorrow" thing, but this was much deeper than that.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Crossing my fingers that Jon kills Dany during the battle because she reacted like fucking Gollum over the One Ring.

Why the fuck did that idiot not wait to tell her after the battle, if they both live?

• Like 2

I was choked up during the Brienne knighting scene.  They handled everything so perfectly.  I don't wanna let go of any of these characters, it's a great day but a sad day all the same. 

Next week Miguel Sapochnik is the director.  He directed "Battle of the Bastards" and also did "Hardhome".   It's a long episode..  it's going to be insane. 

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was choked up during the Brienne knighting scene.  They handled everything so perfectly.  I don't wanna let go of any of these characters, it's a great day but a sad day all the same. 

Next week Miguel Sapochnik is the director.  He directed "Battle of the Bastards" and also did "Hardhome".   It's a long episode..  it's going to be insane. 

Very mild, not plot related spoiler

The showrunners have said the Battle of Winterfell is longer than the Battle of Helm's Deep

Grey Worm with the super timely "We need to stop getting caught up in these white people problems" conversation may have been my favorite part of the episode. 

Clearly Old Spice's Giant Milk story is feeling out one of the possible prequel spin-offs. Because I'd watch a Adventures of Young Old Spice show.

18 minutes ago, Matt D said:

God dammit. I don't want any of these jerks to die. 

I am the opposite. I blame the Viper getting his head crushed.

That song was beautiful.  Really,  everything was beautifully done leading into this battle.  I know a lot of people were worried about this season and maybe for good reason but so far it is off to a great start.  I don't know if they can stick the landing because I don't know if there is an ending that everyone would be satisfied with.  This is one of the biggest and most important shows in history. It's completely changed how TV shows are run and what we can expect from an ongoing series. It truly brought cinema to our homes. 

• Like 3

Things I was expecting that did did not happen

1. Arya/Genndy scene. Just more skin than I was expecting them to show.

2. Thought the song was going to be the Bear song

3. Theon definitely dead man walking to protect Brann. 

4. Also rent don’t buy: Jorah, grey worm, the hound. 

Question:

how dead can someone be for the Night King to revive them? Could he revive people buried in the Crypts?