DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Loved the bit of business with the Hound and Arya. It's almost like she's one of the few people he can respect for being as big a bitch/bastard as he is.

• Like 1

I think it set the table because Sansa,  Arya and Sam are all fuck Dany right now and Jon is the King.  We saw the Glovers pull out because they are only loyal to Jon.  Dany has to do more than float a couple dragons over Winterfell to gain everyone's trust and loyalty.  Plus,  while there's been signs of her being a "Mad Queen"  there's also been signs where maybe she had to rule with an iron fist in those situations and a true leader has to make those difficult decisions,  something where Jon has struggled at times to deal with as well.  

This whole thing could either blow up or all come together and I'm not sure which.  Meanwhile Night King is just tuning up the band. 

I’m afraid most of my favorite characters will be out the door by episode 3.  Although this Cersei/Bronn plot gives me hope that he will survive til the very end!

Edited by Jrag

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Loved the bit of business with the Hound and Arya. It's almost like she's one of the few people he can respect for being as big a bitch/bastard as he is.

That was great 

"I robbed you too."

*Beat* The Hound smiles.

Then we immediately move into Arya and Gendry resuming to flirt, except they aren't kids anymore and a thousand shippers probably had their heads explode while I think about King Robert telling Ned "I have a son, you have a daughter..."

It's pretty obvious Jon's the better ruler and leader, as he's willing to do what feels is the best way to put his side ahead without sacrificing WHO he is.  He also seems to be getting pretty damn annoyed, and rightfully so, at people still being stuck on their petty titles and thrones and not fully concerned about the massive Undead Army marching on the world.  People declared loyalty to Jon, and he's earned that, then they immediately question every move he makes, considering that move added over 20,000 troops and 2 Dragons to their army, so the loyalty rings hollow and all around "Well, I'm out if he's not the King"  

It's when the majority of characters act like this that I start pulling for the Night King, because they don't deserve Jon asspulling a complete victory in this (which we know he's going to).

I'm going to be disappointed next episode in the Hall scene if Jon doesn't just throw his hands up and be "MOTHERFUCKERS!  The Walkers ARE OVER THE NEXT FUCKING HILL, can we group together, deal with that shit, then get back to this petty shit when humanity is saved?"

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 3

Ser Jorah didn't have much to do, did he? I get why Sam didn't take the time to say "I'm the last person to see your dad alive" to him, but you'd think he'd have introduced himself to his neice Lyanna. "I'm your uncle, I was lord of Bear island before you were born, Jon Snow's got our ancestral sword..."

Speaking of ancestral swords, see how the Stark greatsword was melted down and made into Oathkeeper (given by Jaime to Brienne) and Widow's Wail (given to Joffrey and not seen since)? I bet Widow's Wail shows back up at some point. Most likely one of the Starks gets it, as well.

Just now, AxB said:

Ser Jorah didn't have much to do, did he? I get why Sam didn't take the time to say "I'm the last person to see your dad alive" to him, but you'd think he'd have introduced himself to his neice Lyanna. "I'm your uncle, I was lord of Bear island before you were born, Jon Snow's got our ancestral sword..."

Speaking of ancestral swords, see how the Stark greatsword was melted down and made into Oathkeeper (given by Jaime to Brienne) and Widow's Wail (given to Joffrey and not seen since)? I bet Widow's Wail shows back up at some point. Most likely one of the Starks gets it, as well.

Jaime has Widow's Wail. Olenna made mention of it during the scene where Jaime gave her poison.

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

It was payoff interaction after payoff interaction. You could have remixed which characters talked to each other and still had everything basically work. That's the strength of a show this dense.

You say dense. I'd go with fragmented. So any time they tighten things up, it gets more enjoyable because it feels fresh. 

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I think this is what she meant.

xbbgllpy8cs21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

I was going to respond with a joke about her giving him the blueprints to a medieval vibrator, but based on their interaction, this is better.

• Haha 1

Qyburn telling Bronn that one of the whores he just boinked has the pox and will be dead within the year was some darkly hilarious shit.

Hooray for Theon finally stepping up, though that bit ended being more anticlimactic than I anticipated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Campbell said:

"You want a whore, buy one. You want a Queen, earn her."  - My social media is blowing up with memes of this.

It is... but all he did to earn her was be a repugnant asshole for another 3-4 minutes. It sounded good but it kinda went off the rails immediately. 

• Like 2

Back in the day, before the show was even a thing, people would name their kids after GRRM characters, and if they sent him a baby photo, he'd put it up on his website. He doesn't do it any more because there's thousands of them now. But everyone with a GoT named kid who's over 10 or 11 years old is probably feeling pretty smug. Nobody could pronounce little Daenerys name until she was four. Then they all started to pronounce it 'Khaleesi'. The one baby called Tywin was an African American lad, his Dad said they didn't admire the character but really liked the name. So he might wish it wasn't the phenomenon it became.

I never sent GRRM a baby picture. Xavi's middle name is Edward which was partly from Ned Stark, but mostly from it being my Dad's middle name, and my Uncle's first. Xavier's first name was partly inspired by Xavier Desmond* from Wild Cards**, but don't tell his Mum. Do tweet Dezmond Xavier from the Rascalz to ask him if he's a fan though. Be funny if he wasn't. He probably wonders why when people image search him, there's a bunch of pictures of a guy with an arm for a nose.

* He's a joker**. He looks like this:desmond-d.jpgHe's an intruiging, interesting, noble character.

** A shared world book series GRRM helped to create and run in his Hollywood years (and since). First book is alternate history, every other one is contemporary for the time, so book six is set at the Democratic National Convention of 1988, for example. It's still going and the early ones have been reprinted a few times. There's a TV show adaptation, but it's with SYFY so it might be shite. Or it might be alright. The books are good though.

*** If you catch the Wild Card virus, 90% of people draw the Black Queen and die immediately. 9% of people draw the Joker and are somehow disfigured, or have a major change to their appearance. 1% draw an Ace and gain superpowers without while retaining normal human appearance (or becoming unspeakably beautiful as well). Although some Aces are actually, Deuces whose powers are weak, trivial or useless.

So... with Jamie stepping up to the beatdown line next week, are we finally going to get someone to tell Dany just how big a piece of shit her dad was?  And everyone finally learns that Jamie was a goddammed hero for killing Aerys?  Because I don't think anyone that's been around Dany has had the balls to tell her the horrific shit the King did (even with her conception) and she's under the impression that it was an unjustified rebellion.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So... with Jamie stepping up to the beatdown line next week, are we finally going to get someone to tell Dany just how big a piece of shit her dad was?  And everyone finally learns that Jamie was a goddammed hero for killing Aerys?  Because I don't think anyone that's been around Dany has had the balls to tell her the horrific shit the King did (even with her conception) and she's under the impression that it was an unjustified rebellion.

That's what I'm hoping for and I'm hoping that Bran and Brienne are the ones to stand...by Jaime's actions.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I kind of feel Daenerys is already aware of this what with Jon Snow rubbing it in that her father burned his grandfather alive. Still technically his grandfather. 

Then again, her dad is technically Jon's granddad as well...so... : D 

Samwell and Bran didn't think much about that secret. If that secret were to get out, what good does it actually do now? I'm not thinking just Jon and Daenerys, but all of Westeros. 

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I kind of feel Daenerys is already aware of this what with Jon Snow rubbing it in that her father burned his grandfather alive. Still technically his grandfather. 

Then again, her dad is technically Jon's granddad as well...so... : D 

Samwell and Bran didn't think much about that secret. If that secret were to get out, what good does it actually do now? I'm not thinking just Jon and Daenerys, but all of Westeros. 

She's made some statements over the years that illustrate that she knows what her father was:

Dany: Tyrion tells me that your father was a terrible King.

Yara: You and I have that in common.

Dany: We do. Our fathers were evil men.