DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Then we don't get the awful scene from episode 6 of Arya creepily threatening Sansa or the argument over the scroll before that. I enjoyed the broad strokes this season but most everything at Winterfell was the drizzling shits.

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Then we don't get the awful scene from episode 6 of Arya creepily threatening Sansa or the argument over the scroll before that. I enjoyed the broad strokes this season but most everything at Winterfell was the drizzling shits.

Worse that whole season of storyline for two hugely important characters and a central plot location accomplished nothing but the death a Littlefinger, a character who went from being maybe the most dangerous man in the kingdom to a guy who scares children in the hopes of becoming Secretary of the Inerior of North BumbleDouche.

• Like 1

I love that we got to see the Stark principle reversed. Just as Starks are too damn honest and noble for the South, the manipulative jackass was simply unable to play his games in the North. 

Plus Arya made it slow and nasty and messy. No clean beheading here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So, Cersei is buying the Golden Company to bolster her ranks, thinking that's enough.

Little does she know, Theon is heading to the Iron Isles, and is gonna find out real quick that Euron isn't there.  Also, she doesn't know Dany has a mercinary company loyal to her sitting in Essos either.  Who wants to bet Euron doesn't know the difference and ends up bringing over the Second Sons instead of the Golden Company.

They may go this route even thou Euron has proven to be a cunning bastard so a lot of hand waving is going to be required to put one over him (let alone a whole army).

So I was really curious about the Golden Company and went down the wiki hole... and there might be a bigger (and more simple) twist to that plot line. The founder of the Golden Company alone maybe the key (let alone it's role in Westeros' past).

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Littlefinger doesn't work when everything becomes about warriors and generals and the long winter.  Political chess games work when there is structure.   He needed to  die. 

It would have been funnier if he died trying to play the white walkers. That I give you.

What was Euron's plan for that dragon pit meeting? No matter what happened, he was going to lie and say he was really scared and was going back to the Iron Islands? He didn't know they were bringing a wight. Cersei just told him to pretend he's abandoning her and he improvised? Without the wight, how would he have explained that? Especially after he started the meeting being an arrogant prick like he always is.

Am I the only guy who got confused and thought it was Euron Theon actually killed after no-selling the groin shot? Asking for a friend. Wait, that came out wrong...

41 minutes ago, Throat said:

What was Euron's plan for that dragon pit meeting? No matter what happened, he was going to lie and say he was really scared and was going back to the Iron Islands? He didn't know they were bringing a wight. Cersei just told him to pretend he's abandoning her and he improvised? Without the wight, how would he have explained that? Especially after he started the meeting being an arrogant prick like he always is.

Cersei and Euron were doing a pretty classic good cop/bad cop set up.

Even if Euron hadn't gotten a pretext to walk out Cersei could've "kicked him out" for at that heeling it up whenever she was ready to present the illusion of her being "the reasonable one" and to allow them to "convince" her.

1 hour ago, Throat said:

He didn't know they were bringing a wight. 

Cersie did know what they were bringing. Wasn't that the whole point of Tyrion's rushed meeting with Jamie? 

They just cut away from that scene early for some reason. They did that a few times with Tyrion scenes this year.

5 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Cersei and Euron were doing a pretty classic good cop/bad cop set up.

Even if Euron hadn't gotten a pretext to walk out Cersei could've "kicked him out" for at that heeling it up whenever she was ready to present the illusion of her being "the reasonable one" and to allow them to "convince" her.

If her plan was to fool them all along, how was she going to make it convincing that they convinced her without that wight that she was previously unaware of? She was completely dismissive of them and their talk of undead monsters until that zombie came running at her.

Kicking Euron out for being a dick would ring hollow. Everyone expects that of him.

The only way I can explain Euron's actions is that Cersei caught him after the meeting and somehow convinced him to stick with the original pre-zombie plan. It's just another example of the viewer having to fill in a lot of gaps themselves this season.

Just now, Jrag said:

Cersie did know what they were bringing. Wasn't that the whole point of Tyrion's rushed meeting with Jamie? 

They just cut away from that scene early for some reason. They did that a few times with Tyrion scenes this year.

She knew that Daenerys and her crew believed in undead monsters, and she thought it was bullshit. I don't think she knew they were bringing a visual aid to their presentation.

Just now, Throat said:

She knew that Daenerys and her crew believed in undead monsters, and she thought it was bullshit. I don't think she knew they were bringing a visual aid to their presentation.

See I was under the impression that was discussed off screen. Tyrion surely told Jamie they were bringing some demonstration. I don't know why they cut that Jamie scene so short.

Man, the Lannisters really got the short end of the stick this year.  

That's yet another example of shit we had to assume was discussed off screen this season to try to make sense of things.

Even if Tyrion did tell Jaime they were inviting a zombie to the party, Cersei would've dismissed that as superstitious nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Throat said:

That's yet another example of shit we had to assume was discussed off screen this season to try to make sense of things.

Even if Tyrion did tell Jaime they were inviting a zombie to the party, Cersei would've dismissed that as superstitious nonsense.

Actually, Cersie believing in the dead is in line with her character in both the books and the show. She's really the only Lannister who has believed in prophecies throughout the story. Not only does she believe in prophecies, but the prophecies have proved to be true. I don't think she would dismiss anything as superstitious nonsense at this point.

Did Cersei believe the prophecy was true before her kids started dying? Why bother having kids then? Going from believing that to believing sight unseen that a bunch of men made of ice are building an army of zombies to take over the world is quite a leap. Does she also believe in grumkins and snarks?

In the books, yes. There is a key bit to the prophecy which sort of drives her hatred of Tyrion. In show, I can't remember how they handled it word for word.  I won't bring up the specifics of the book stuff because it feels like they left a certain part of the prophecy out on purpose.

She also essentially already has a zombie of her own, so I imagine she would be more prone to believe.

5 minutes ago, Jrag said:

In the books, yes. There is a key bit to the prophecy which sort of drives her hatred of Tyrion. In show, I can't remember how they handled it word for word.  I won't bring up the specifics of the book stuff because it feels like they left a certain part of the prophecy out on purpose.

She also essentially already has a zombie of her own, so I would imagine she would be more prone to believe.

But like JT said earlier, the Mountain is only mostly dead.

2 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Qyburn being way too interested in the zombie hand was a highlight of the episode for me. He just walked over and picked it up in the middle of their super serious demo.

That amused the hell out of me as well. Qyburn is one of my favorite characters.

4 hours ago, Throat said:

If her plan was to fool them all along, how was she going to make it convincing that they convinced her without that wight that she was previously unaware of? She was completely dismissive of them and their talk of undead monsters until that zombie came running at her.

Kicking Euron out for being a dick would ring hollow. Everyone expects that of him.

The only way I can explain Euron's actions is that Cersei caught him after the meeting and somehow convinced him to stick with the original pre-zombie plan. It's just another example of the viewer having to fill in a lot of gaps themselves this season.

This.

All it would take is a 5 minute scene before hand - 

Cersei, Jaime, Qyburn and Euron sitting in the small council.

Jaime is going over where they would pull their forces back to in order to regroup for the march North. Cersei is cautious of a full retreat. Qyburn says something about possibly keeping the specimen they bring to help with his work. Euron makes a joke about marrying the Queen. Typical character stuff.

They get up to leave but Cersei asks Euron to stay. Jaime asks what more they have to discuss? Cersei says it's between her and her future husband. She says this is a dismissive tone, she looks to be keeping up the appearance of an alliance, a fake smile on her face. The perfect shot would have her put her hand over her belly as she does. Jamie looks annoyed/worried as he leaves and we cut to the arrival of the Stark/Dany group meeting with Bron.

Now we have planted the seeds for the later explanation of the plan about Euron leaving but we have also put some doubt into Jaime's mind about Cersei and Euron's relationship. Is this still purely political or is Cersei's child (if she IS pregnant?) really a Greyjoy prince?

On 8/28/2017 at 11:49 AM, Pete said:

The Season 6 blooper reel is pretty choice just for the callback to Dinklage constantly botching one scene over and over.

• Like 2