DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

"The dead do not move quickly, they don't have to..."*

*Something Jon Snow should have said, but probably didn't.

Jon did, however, make the clever comment that he knew that he and the Brotherhood were on the same side because they were all still breathing regular oxygen

That was fucking badass.

The only way the final scene for that episode would've been more perfect was if The Hound had a new snarling dog shaped war helm to wear.

• Like 2

Reminds me of an anecdote Lawler told during the HBK/Taker HIAC. They were talking about Taker taking his time with HBK and Lawler said something like, "Of course he's taking his time. Why shouldn't he? It's like why does a funeral procession get to go through red lights? What's the hurry?"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

You'd think Jon would be more focused on everyone burning their dead actually.

Well, to be fair, Dany seems to have already met him halfway.

So has Cersei come to think of it. :)

• Like 3

I think all the rapid pacing issues come down to two things: The cutting the episode count and trying to create a sense of urgency during the stretch run. 

I still don't understand why they decided the final two seasons of the most watched show in HBO history should be 35% shorter than the previous seasons.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I still don't understand why they decided the final two seasons of the most watched show in HBO history should be 35% shorter than the previous seasons.

Bigger budget for major battles

Does the most successful show in network history not deserve to have it's per season budget increased though? I mean, most successful shows get bigger budgets as they to on.

I mean I get that eventually there's a limit, but cutting corners on your biggest success ever seems... Just weird

Most shows get more bang out of their buck because they've become more efficient with their production, this helps keep pace of increasing costs.

The increased sheer scale of everything on GoT far outpace the increased budget. And I rather this seemingly breakneck pace than the somewhat filler feel of some of the previous seasons' episodes.

• Like 1

I've basically quit the internet other than the safety of this board after seeing a bunch of "All the crazy shit you are going to see on this weeks Game of Thrones!" links on twitter the last couple days. 

No thanks, not worth it.  I'll just go read some books and catch up on the G1. 

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think all the rapid pacing issues come down to two things: The cutting the episode count and trying to create a sense of urgency during the stretch run. 

Piracy and you have to remember unlike network television HBO doesn't get to go to advertisers and say GoT is the top rated show so a 30sec ad this year is going to cost you 35% more.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 7:13 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

I am a weak, weak man and watched Episode  6 last night :mellow:

I too am weak and kind of regret it because the copy I watched was pretty awful from a VQ standpoint, but I knew that Summerslam would make it impossible for me to not be spoiled before I watched it otherwise.

I'm looking forward to watching it again in HD.