DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

6 minutes ago, Throat said:

I was about to sarcastically say "Let's bring every character back from the dead!" and then it occurred to me that that might be how the show ends.

It would be something if, as the Night King made his way through Westeros, he added people killed on the show to his army: Ned, Cat, Robb, Joffrey, Robert, etc. 

(I don't remember off hand who was burned and who wasn't, but you get the idea)

Rewatching the series from the beginning has made me realize I miss Salladhor Saan and will be very disappointed if the show ends without him fucking Cersei. I don't need to see it happen, but I would like to see how he talks her into it.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 1:17 PM, odessasteps said:
On 8/10/2017 at 0:36 PM, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

In hindsight, i wonder if the thing people most missed getting to see from the books was 

Reveal hidden contents

Lady Stoneheart

At this point, I don't think it's ever going to happen (unfortunately, all the interviews point to this too). Sucks though, those were some bad arse moments in the books.

There's a fucking RECORD that Rhaegar married Lyanna, and SAM HAS IT!

GENDRY LIVES.  And took several levels in badass.

And given the doey eyed looks Dany's been shooting at Jon, he might not be that worried about her finding out he's Tagyraen.  That and Drogon being 100% cool with him.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved that last shot. It looked like the opening of every movie about a mismatched band of hardened mercenaries or whatever that have to go on some suicide mission. But usually in a movie they prove to us we should care about them by having each one do something cool in the first five minutes or based on casting. In this we have years of backstory on every single one of them already. So it's like that movie but a million times better.

Hated Arya's clumsy oafish psycho stunted view of everything and everyone around her bringing the downfall of Winterfell. It's very operatic and all complete with Iago. But "you moved into mom and dad's room so I've instantly decided you're evil." Fuck you, you little psycho. I always kind of wondered if before this was all said and done she was going to become a major liability. She's just a damaged muppet with too little brains and too much killing skills.

Weirdly, I think if a new viewer walked into the room and watched the opening few scenes of this they would fully believe that Deanarys was obviously the villain and Cersei/Jaime obviously the heroes (maybe minus one line "She should have died screaming").

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

There's a fucking RECORD that Rhaegar married Lyanna, and SAM HAS IT!

GENDRY LIVES.  And took several levels in badass.

And given the doey eyed looks Dany's been shooting at Jon, he might not be that worried about her finding out he's Tagyraen.  That and Drogon being 100% cool with him.

Which also makes him the third head of the Dragons. (The others being Dany and Tyrion).

Holy shit this episode. Wow. Tons of information and awesome moments and not one fight. I fucking loved it.

"Did you bring the big woman?"

They go down to the jail cells and it's my boys, the Hound, Thoros, and Beric. That preview for next week too. FLAME ON!

Gendry being all, fuck a sword, I use a warhammer. Right the fuck on dude. About time we saw someone properly wield a warhammer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Which also makes him the third head of the Dragons. (The others being Dany and Tyrion).

I still think Tyrion as the third head is unlikely. Just too neat and convenient. But we'll see.

The story has always been about a hero though. The Prince (or Princess) Who Was Promised/Ahor Azai/The Last Hero, all of whom may or may not be the same person.

If you accept that The Hound is the dog, then he's even basically right now reenacting the story of the Last Hero.

To me, it makes more sense for it to be Dany, since so much of this is about the power of women (dany, sersei, arya, brienne, even sansa eventually)

Of course, i have been predicting a Dany heel turn, so what do i know? :)

Did not see Gendry coming back and becoming a complete badass. That was awesome. As was the forming of the Dream team at the end.

5 hours ago, piranesi said:

Hated Arya's clumsy oafish psycho stunted view of everything and everyone around her bringing the downfall of Winterfell. It's very operatic and all complete with Iago. But "you moved into mom and dad's room so I've instantly decided you're evil." Fuck you, you little psycho. I always kind of wondered if before this was all said and done she was going to become a major liability. She's just a damaged muppet with too little brains and too much killing skills.

Eh, Arya never trusted Sansa. Keep in mind Sansa was on her list originally. Arya also isn't completely wrong. Sansa may have pushed for Jon to be leader, but she definitely thinks she could do a better job much of the time. Her support of Jon has been pretty much half-assed since the opening of the season. Arya doesn't see Sansa as evil so much as manipulative and dangerous which if Sansa doesn't do a better job of covering Jon's ass Arya won't end up wrong on the dangerous part. Right now I would say both sisters are liabilities.

• Like 2