DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Just, the biggest fucking smile plastered on my face for so much of that episode, counteracted by stressing the fuck out over Drogon being in danger and not wanting bronn and Jamie to die.

BRONN AND JAMIE, JOIN DANY. IT WILL GO MUCH BETTER. K THANKS.

No one here did, but there have been a lot of snyde comments online about how this season started off with a slow burn just like last season.

Seems they forgot how awesomely last season ended and this season is on track to conclude just as spectacularly.

I also thought that for all they've done to build up Brienne as a badass, it did more to bring her down than put Arya over as a sudden ninja.  I think they could have done a deal where Arya did better-than-expected at dodging, but not necessarily getting much offense in.  Would've pushed Arya without jobbing Brienne as bad.

So in the big battle, where were the other dragons?  Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the previous episode they established that Dany and her brood are a set.  You don't send some dragons off without Dany.  I guess maybe they're willing to hang out at Dragonstone, but can't be sent out on a mission without her?

I was also a little bummed that Dany came in perpendicular to the shield wall rather than attacking at a 90 degree angle so Drogon could hit one strafing run to light up the entire wall.  Dammit, Tyrion, learn how to fight.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tigertooth said:

I also thought that for all they've done to build up Brienne as a badass, it did more to bring her down than put Arya over as a sudden ninja.  I think they could have done a deal where Arya did better-than-expected at dodging, but not necessarily getting much offense in.  Would've pushed Arya without jobbing Brienne as bad.

This was classic overconfident babyface monster vs. small babyface underdog. The monster takes the underdog lightly (BoT looks amused at first and doesn't go that hard), the underdog uses their speed to their advantage (Ninja Arya), monster gets semi-serious (BoT finally putting some weight behind her strikes, forcing Arya to drop Needle) and the underdog survives when the time limit draw occurs (BoT has sword to Arya's face just as Arya gets Catspaw at BoT's neck).

As long as BoT gets to smash some White Walkers or Lannister men in the upcoming episodes she'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Brysynner said:

This was classic overconfident babyface monster vs. small babyface underdog. The monster takes the underdog lightly (BoT looks amused at first and doesn't go that hard), the underdog uses their speed to their advantage (Ninja Arya), monster gets semi-serious (BoT finally putting some weight behind her strikes, forcing Arya to drop Needle) and the underdog survives when the time limit draw occurs (BoT has sword to Arya's face just as Arya gets Catspaw at BoT's neck).

As long as BoT gets to smash some White Walkers or Lannister men in the upcoming episodes she'll be fine.

Plus going over on a Stark in Season 7 is like going over on a Von Erich in World Class.

It ain't happening, everybody knows it ain't happening, so nobody's really hurt by it not happening.

Winter is Coming has given way to Winter is Here, and that means the Starks are in their element and it's time for their enemies to at last reap the whirlwind.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

In hindsight, i wonder if the thing people most missed getting to see from the books was 

Spoiler

Lady Stoneheart