DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Arya's meeting with Sansa was the touching reunion Bran totally fucked up last week. I loved Sansa gradually realizing Arya's list of people to kill is real and getting more and more unnerved as she realizes how dangerous Arya really is. All of this and Sansa doesn't even know Arya was the one who took out the Freys yet. Loved the training scene with Brienne. Was nice seeing how much Arya had grown as a fighter. And I'm oddly starting to enjoy creepy Bran.

That battle was so damn awesome. It felt different really seeing a dragon used in war setting. Jamie and Bron realizing how fucked they were was hilarious. Bron deserves a ton of credit for not getting the hell out of dodge while he could. Jamie needs to give that man his damn castle. He earned it and more.

• Like 2

For all his prowess,  Jamie panicked, which is understandable with a fucking Dragon incinerating everything in sight.  But he made a huge mistake.  He revealed the Scorpions.  That tactical advantage is now lost.

Also liked the touch of Dany having enough and asking the actual Military commander without a blood tie to the other side what to do.

Arya doing her bit for the Syrio is Jaqen theorists out there. No-one taught her... those sword skills she learned in season one, not from the Faceless Men in season five.

• Like 1

I would also just like to give credit to my man Bronn for being a fucking marksmen on the giant crossbow.  No one has see  a dragon in how many years, and this crazy motherfucker looked one dead in the eye and took a fucking shot.  And are we sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie?  I thin Tyrion sent one of the horse riders to save him so they can take him prisoner.    

• Like 1

The Arya/Brienne fight annoyed me. Then again, I've never been a fan of Arya. But that scene, with the 'little girl acting like a Zen Master martial badass' horseshit is aggravating as fuck.

The best part of the battle was showing one burned body that was already reduced to a clump of ashes. This isn't some regular fire that'll simply 'burn' you; this is Grade A Dragon Fuckery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roman said:

The Arya/Brienne fight annoyed me. Then again, I've never been a fan of Arya. But that scene, with the 'little girl acting like a Zen Master martial badass' horseshit is aggravating as fuck.

Not to mention her sparring with live steel, and valyrian steel on top of that.

THAT should've been Brienne's objection, not "it's too small."  Valyrian Steel is supposed to be super sharp and cut through armor (in addition to its anti-ice zombies properties) and super rare, bringing it to a sparring match would be a big pile of NOPE.  There was a lot to enjoy about three way Stark Megareunion but the sparring took me out of the moment for a lot of reasons.

2 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I would also just like to give credit to my man Bronn for being a fucking marksmen on the giant crossbow.  No one has see  a dragon in how many years, and this crazy motherfucker looked one dead in the eye and took a fucking shot.  And are we sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie?  I thin Tyrion sent one of the horse riders to save him so they can take him prisoner.    

Rewound to check the armor/attire on the rescuer because I wasn't sure either and it was definitely the lightly armored Bronn, not the plate wearing Dickon or a Dothraki dispatched by Tyrion.

Also unsure whether one of the close ups of a burning body was Lord Randyl or not.  I'd think his death would be more definitive but it seems a lot of people are already asking whether it was him or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Arya never really earned her badassery. She only trained with Syrio for a brief time and was a total screwup while with the Faceless Men. I'm sure it wasn't intended that way, but her saying she learned to fight from "no one" is like a meta comment on how the writers just handed her this ability.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Rewound to check the armor/attire on the rescuer because I wasn't sure either and it was definitely the lightly armored Bronn, not the plate wearing Dickon or a Dothraki dispatched by Tyrion.

Also unsure whether one of the close ups of a burning body was Lord Randyl or not.  I'd think his death would be more definitive but it seems a lot of people are already asking whether it was him or not.

One of my friends was annoyed at how easily Bronn operated the giant crossbow by himself, especially under duress in battle. 

1 hour ago, Throat said:

Arya never really earned her badassery. She only trained with Syrio for a brief time and was a total screwup while with the Faceless Men. I'm sure it wasn't intended that way, but her saying she learned to fight from "no one" is like a meta comment on how the writers just handed her this ability.

Didn't she train with the Hound?

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Fairly certain it was Bronn

giphy.gif

I think that's the idea though. She's learned from a lot of different people, combined and kept what works for her.  Have they somewhat glossed over her mastering swordplay? Sure, but not in a really egregious manner that's outside the normal bounds of television.

• Like 2

Loved Sansa's "Dafuq has everyone been up to?" look while watching Arya.

Fully expected Bronn to bite it after dropping the gold, glad to see he lives for at least one more episode. He definitely would have if he'd run to try and collect it, storyline rules and whatnot. With Tyrion at the battlefield, I expect that one or both of Bronn and Jaime might be switching sides.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

One of my friends was annoyed at how easily Bronn operated the giant crossbow by himself, especially under duress in battle. 

Yeah - the most unusual thing about that scene was certainly a man wielding a large crossbow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Not to mention her sparring with live steel, and valyrian steel on top of that.

THAT should've been Brienne's objection, not "it's too small."  Valyrian Steel is supposed to be super sharp and cut through armor (in addition to its anti-ice zombies properties) and super rare, bringing it to a sparring match would be a big pile of NOPE.  There was a lot to enjoy about three way Stark Megareunion but the sparring took me out of the moment for a lot of reasons.

Needle isn't Valyrian Steel. It was smithed by Mikken, the blacksmith of Winterfell with castle forged steel. Now the dagger is another story.

Jaime, even in abject defeat, once again showed why he is who he is.  He could have fled as soon as he saw the Dragon, or when Bronn told him to but he stayed, tried his best, shit his pants and still came super close to getting Dany / incinerated for his troubles.  There was all kind of badass there in a scene full of badassery.

My wife's biggest takeaway is that she just wants the Dragon to be ok, like its a puppy or something.

Tyrions "you fuckin idiot" might be the most perfectly delivered line this series.

Theon can't catch a break, sails back to Dragonstone, met by Jon Snow.

Loved Bronn's Beavis and Butthead reaction to "Dickon".

All time top 3 episodes for me.

• Like 2

It's amazing how much of a relic from another time Littlefinger seems now, after trying to play his game with someone who is omniscient. Keep scheming little man, maybe the fucking dragons will be impressed with your little chaos bit?

Littlefinger is the best.