DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I get what y'all saying about nobody of importance dying I guess but there was a lot of history there.  This was the first battle where a lot of the key players were on the field,  this was the first time the Dothraki ever fought on Westeros land and the first time anyone in Westeros has seen a dragon in a very long time.  

All the little dialogue scenes were great too.  

Honestly, I didn't know what to root for in that battle and that's why this show is one of the GOATS.   I was like "No,  Drogon get outta there!"  then it was "No, Bron get the hell outta there!" and eventually "No, Jamie, you idiot turn around, get out of there!" 

I didn't really want to see any of them die.  That speaks to how well they've developed these characters.  Plus, we know that anyone can die at any time so the intensity of the battle was off the charts.  The visuals were just out of this world.  

• Like 3

Just now, nofuture said:

You can tell that Sansa must feel both afraid and jealous of Bran and Arya.  Both got more powerful while all she got was 2 shitty husbands who abused her.

I got more of a vibe like "We're the super friends now! You're Assassin Girl! You're Vision Boy! And I'm Lady Politics! Let's go stop some crimes!"

• Like 4

The moments where first Sansa learned Arya was serious about the list, and then later that she was capable of it, were great. Excellent, effective nonverbal acting from Sophie Turner. You could see the wheels turning in her head, from fear to confidence.

• Like 1

I presume it was just a coincidence this aired on the Hiroshima anniversary but boy, dragons are a nuclear bomb. 

I thought for a second Bronn was getting knifed in the back by Tyrion before he fired the bolt.

Littlefinger better be sleeping with one eye open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

That battle was amazing in the sense of like fantasy booking "What would it look like if Napoleon's army went up against the U.S. army in world war 2?  Oh, yeah, they wold be instantly incinerated and obliterated....of course."

But the fact that no A listers or even B listers were definitively killed in that oddly annoys me.

I feel like the show I used to watch would have thought it pretty poignant for Jaime to die as a pointless casualty in a rout with so much unfinished business. But instead it's a bit more like LETHAL WEAPON rules now for the leads.

We have getting a lot of B listers dying already. In a way, its very GOT to have a battle and NOT kill people, including the Red Shirt Dickon. 

Since I lost track of Dany's mercenary lover boy since he's been recast what, 3 times, I originally thought he was what I'm assuming was just a random Dothraki Blood Rider chasing Bronn through the chaos.  But man, those Lannister soldiers were fucked, they're forming lines to battle the horde and then in perfect line for dragon breath.  I thought for sure Bronn was going to eat it, but I think he's at least temporarily alive.

Bran, yeah, it odd that he's just so totally distant from everything.

Quick question:  I did hear that the gold did make it through to King's Landing, the convoy at this point I'm assuming when just food taken by the army.

This felt different than Blackwater, though. I mean we all know there are what two episodes left and then six next year. Blackwater was huge but it still felt "early" in what we all knew was still a long winding story.

But this is early 4th quarter at least. There was a time when making it to the final eight episodes would have been considered a pretty deep run. And that angelic light on Jaime when Tyrion saw him just framed it so well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Tarly did say the gold was all in King's Landing. But they no longer have the supply of food coming

Does it affect Cersei if the Iron Bank guy can't get the gold out of King's Landing? If the blockade is complete that is?

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did Tarly or Dickon eat it?  There was so much going on. At one point I thought Drogon had lit Tarly ablaze but it probably wasn't him. 

I think if they were going to kill Dickon, it would have been immediately after he saved Jamie. 

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did Tarly or Dickon eat it?  There was so much going on. At one point I thought Drogon had lit Tarly ablaze but it probably wasn't him. 

I saw that guy too. But it's not him. It just goes to show how much Tarly resembles Cropsy from The Burning.

• Like 1

Arya's meeting with Sansa was the touching reunion Bran totally fucked up last week. I loved Sansa gradually realizing Arya's list of people to kill is real and getting more and more unnerved as she realizes how dangerous Arya really is. All of this and Sansa doesn't even know Arya was the one who took out the Freys yet. Loved the training scene with Brienne. Was nice seeing how much Arya had grown as a fighter. And I'm oddly starting to enjoy creepy Bran.

That battle was so damn awesome. It felt different really seeing a dragon used in war setting. Jamie and Bron realizing how fucked they were was hilarious. Bron deserves a ton of credit for not getting the hell out of dodge while he could. Jamie needs to give that man his damn castle. He earned it and more.

• Like 2

For all his prowess,  Jamie panicked, which is understandable with a fucking Dragon incinerating everything in sight.  But he made a huge mistake.  He revealed the Scorpions.  That tactical advantage is now lost.

Also liked the touch of Dany having enough and asking the actual Military commander without a blood tie to the other side what to do.

Arya doing her bit for the Syrio is Jaqen theorists out there. No-one taught her... those sword skills she learned in season one, not from the Faceless Men in season five.

• Like 1

I would also just like to give credit to my man Bronn for being a fucking marksmen on the giant crossbow.  No one has see  a dragon in how many years, and this crazy motherfucker looked one dead in the eye and took a fucking shot.  And are we sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie?  I thin Tyrion sent one of the horse riders to save him so they can take him prisoner.    

• Like 1