DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

7 hours ago, Roman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

pg1LvMZ.gif

Maybe the funniest moment from the entire show. Especially in the previous shot when you see Tormund making goo-goo eyes at her in the background.

Dany: 300 years ago some relative of yours made a promise and I expect you to follow it!

Jon: Yer da' burnt my family members alive.

Dany: whoa whoa whoa I can't be expected to answer for my father! Get out of the past and stay in the now, man!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

What bad things has Bronn actually done on the show? Only thing I can think of is not wanting to be Tyrion's champion against The Mountain but that's sort of understandable.

Nothing on the show per se, but the character is a sell-sword (read: dirty deeds done dirt cheap),  and hangs with the Lannisters, so he's certainly suspect even if we haven't  seen him do anything awful.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Throat said:

That's just what I was asking about earlier. Is there any evidence he wasn't so awful pre-Kingslayer? Maybe in the books? Otherwise we're just going by what he told Brienne. I'd spin any of my past indiscretions in a positive light while discussing them in a bath with a girl I liked.

There is very little evidence that he was awful at all pre-Kingslayer.  He was pretty much a child prodigy with a sword and was knighted by Ser Arthur Dayne, who is pretty much the most knightly of all knights.  I always interpreted him as a guy who was in love with a crazy woman who manipulated him into being awful.  He's arrogant as all hell, but most of the truly awful things he has done he has done for Cersei, to save Cersei, or to get back to Cersei.  One of the things that shows his character is he was standing guard outside King Aerys' bedroom while he was raping his wife.  He wanted to go in and save her, but the other King's Guard told him, "We are sworn to protect her, just not from him."

5 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I mean once you've made up your mind to do it, though, isn't it better to do it with some panache?

Had he broken into a chorus of "The Things We Do for Love" that would have been panache. What he did was just basic dickery 101.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Nothing on the show per se, but the character is a sell-sword (read: dirty deeds done dirt cheap),  and hangs with the Lannisters, so he's certainly suspect even if we haven't  seen him do anything awful.

Eh, suspect is one thing but lumping him in with the other bad guys is another. He's a guy who has a dubious job, works for some assholes and the worst thing we can pin on him is when he admitted to banging a married chick. If everyone who met those criteria was terrible then we're saying most every stripper is a bad person.

As far as good things Jamie did pre-kingslayer, what about helping Tyrion lose his virginity?  While his methods were a bit morally questionable, wasn't that essentially done out of the goodness of his heart?  And it was Tywin that was the asshole?

Jaime seemed to be one of the few people in the Lannister family who didn't resent Tyrion and unselfishly and unconditionally loved him like a brother should.  Trying to save Tyrion from an execution was a pretty unselfish act on his part, and it's one of the few purely unselfish things I can ever remember Tyrion doing, besides helping Brienne.  But I guess that's the thing about Game of Thrones.  No one is all good.  No one is all bad.  Characters are multi-faceted and operate in shades of grey.  

But still, what he did to Bran was definitely sociopathic.  

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yeah avoid youtube until Sunday night. I had stuff popping up w/o even looking for it. At least one minor thing is semi-spoiled for me.

I had a pretty major thing spoiled for me on youtube. I was listening to GOT music on youtube when I was plowing through some work yesterday and one of the videos in the playlist was a guy doing spoilers. By the time I realized it was a spoiler vid and turned it off, I'd already heard something. 

That battle was amazing in the sense of like fantasy booking "What would it look like if Napoleon's army went up against the U.S. army in world war 2?  Oh, yeah, they wold be instantly incinerated and obliterated....of course."

But the fact that no A listers or even B listers were definitively killed in that oddly annoys me.

I feel like the show I used to watch would have thought it pretty poignant for Jaime to die as a pointless casualty in a rout with so much unfinished business. But instead it's a bit more like LETHAL WEAPON rules now for the leads.

• Like 2

Holy fuck

Holy fuck

Holy fuck

Also, I got legit teary eyed twice, first during the Sansa/Arya scene and then again during the training scene.

Bran is now one weird ass character.

I feel like this is the Kid's in the Hall version of Bran where he just goes to parties and casually says things to people that they said in private at really embarrassing moments years ago.

Guy: "So yeah, it's good to see that maybe the Lakers can turn a new corner now. The NBA could use them being good again."

Bran: "Almost as if they experienced their first erection while watching Thundar the Barbarian."

Guy: "Wait...wha....um, I gotta go fire my therapist."

Girl: "Well, that was weird, huh?"

Bran: "Well not everyone has started having that recurring dream about shirtless Tim Allan they last had the night before they tanked the SAT'S."

Girl: "Oh God...how do you...why am I...Oh God....."

Bran: "My work here is done."

• Haha 1